[Aphio-L] Lots of Important Service Info

AphiO Service service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 19:04:23 EDT 2018

Hey bros! I have some follow up info about upcoming service events:

- First, I forgot to bring this up at chapter last night (sorry) but we
recently found out that there is going to be the first ever* Fall Athens
Beautification Day!!!* Yay! For those of you that don't know, Athens
Beautification is a day (usually in the spring) where hundreds of
volunteers are assigned different community service projects all over
Athens and the surrounding areas. They are holding one this Sunday, October
21st! If you want to participate, follow this link and register on their
eventbrite website.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-athens-beautification-day-tickets-50965550333

- Second, I have more information from Cody about tRAC-or-treat.
1. Regular Volunteers

   - Volunteers MUST be able to attend a mandatory orientation meeting on
   Sunday 10/21 at 7pm.  Location still TBD.
   - Here’s what the layout of shifts looks like:
      - Monday, 10/22, East Green:
         - 5:00pm – 6:30pm
         - 6:30pm – 8:00pm
      - Tuesday, 10/23, South Green
         - 5:00pm – 6:30pm
         - 6:30pm – 8:00pm
      - Wednesday, 10/24, West Green
         - 5:00pm – 6:30pm
         - 6:30pm – 8:00pm

   - Duties of volunteers involve guiding families around each green and
   directing them to participating residence halls.  More in-depth info will
   be covered at the mandatory orientation training.   Volunteers preferred to
   volunteer on a green they are already familiar with in terms of where
   residence halls are located.  Volunteers will also receive 1 free t-shirt.
   - If bros cannot make the mandatory orientation, email Cody directly -
   Ch909515 at ohio.edu  The same goes for any questions people have about the
   event as well!

2. On the 23rd (Tuesday) from 5:30 - 7:30, APhiO will have its own table
set up on South Green in the grassy area in front of the LLC. We need to
come up with a fun Halloween activity to have for kids at our table - we
are thinking maybe face painting? *However, we definitely want to hear your
ideas, so if you have any, PLEASE let us know!! *

- Lastly, please consider donating to Coolville Elementary. It'll be even
easier than the Baker donations because you'll just bring it to chapter on
Sunday and I'll take it from there. I really want to have a great turnout
for the girl that reached out to me! So, if you find yourself at Walmart or
the grocery store this week, this would be an easy way to get an hour or
two. Or, if you have a bunch of swipes to use up on Saturday, this would be
a great way to spend them! Here is the list of items they are requesting:

-fruit cups
-apple sauces
-granola bars
-ramen noodles
-oatmeal (single packets)
-peanut butter
-soup with pull-tabs (no can opener needed)
-mac and cheese (especially individual serving- cups)
-pasta noodles and pasta sauce
-canned beans
-juice boxes
-raisins
-tuna packages
-canned fruits and vegetables
-ravioli
-trail mix
-cereal (low sugar is best)
-graham crackers
Other items are appreciated as well, but try to think about whether a child
would be able to prepare the food themselves without the supervision of an
adult. Anything that needs opened with a can opener or boiled on the stove
can be tricky.

Sorry this was a lot of information in a very long email. I hope you are
all enjoying the spooky weather finally. Have a good week and let me know
if you have any questions! :)

In LFS,
Monica
--
*Vice Presidents of ServiceAlpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity*

*Monica Bollinger *
*412.482.7093*

*Kaitlyn Moran *
*440.552.0770     *