[Aphio-L] Senior Awards

Alpha Phi Omega - Delta Gamma Historian historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:06:05 EST 2018

*DISCLAIMER: I RECOMMEND READING THIS EMAIL WHEN YOU ARE FREE AND NOT DOING
ANYTHING ELSE BECAUSE THIS IS A LOT OF INFORMATION AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO
READ THIS*

FIRST! Seniors, please look at the Facebook page and the APhiO website (2
different sign ups here) to sign up to get your cords. The deadline to sign
up for this is THIS UPCOMING SUNDAY, THE 28th so make sure you sign up. It
will literally take no more than 2 minutes. No name, no cord. With that
being said, I will round up when it comes to ordering cords. An example is
if 47 seniors sign up, I will order 50 cords. But if you didn’t sign up on
the website, you will not be getting first dibs on a cord. It will be first
come, first serve. Here are one of the links you need to fill out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNllvrzhyQp5fSjktngm8TOKdoBkJ16leo3b5eXZZHFa5HAg/viewform?c=0&w=1

SECOND! We will now be diving into the Senior Awards Banquet so listen up.
You all must know that this is a *MANDATORY* event (for the umpteenth time)
and the only way you can be excused is if it is an university excuse. With
that being said, if you send in a reason why you can’t make it to the event
I will look over it. But if it does not follow the guidelines of the
university’s set excuses, it will more than likely not go through. Now with
the nitty gritty out of the way, let’s get down to business. The event will
be taking place in Baker Ballroom on Tuesday, March 20th at *7:30*. That
time is bolded because I WILL be starting at 7:30. Doors open at 7:00 pm
and everyone should be seated and ready to go by 7:20. While the attire for
the night is not formal, I would prefer if everyone looked nice. Basically,
no sweatpants. When you come to the event, there will be a sign in sheet.
When you sign in YOU WILL be accredited with a Chapter hour (woop). Now
going into with how the event will go. The first half hour will be
dedicated to our seniors to basically recognize each one of them and
acknowledge their time and dedication to the fraternity. Following, the
next 30 mins-hour will be for the auction. *PAY CLOSE ATTENTION BECAUSE YOU
ALL WILL HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS NEXT PART SO PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY!*
Later on this week, I will be posting a google doc for you to create your
teams. You will have *no less than 6 but no more than 12 people to a team*.
You will sit with your team during the event and for the main part known
as: The Senior Auction. Not everyone has to participate HOWEVER there are
benefits if you do. You will be working *AS A TEAM*. The money you decide
to donate will be a collective effort. An example is if 6 people decided to
pitch in $10 each, that table would have a total of $60 to go towards the
senior they would like. The close off date for you choosing teams will
be *March
1st*. So you all have enough time to figure out who you want to work with.
Now, for the incentives….if you, as an individual spend $5, you will be
getting .5 (half) of a service hour. If you spend $10, you will receive 1
service hour AND a fundraising hour. $15 will get you 1.5 of a service hour
as well as the fundraising hour, and $20 will get you 2 service hours and
the fundraising hour. IT STOPS THERE. So if you spend $30 YOU WILL *NOT*
get 3 service hours and so on and so forth. HOWEVER the team that spends
the most money, will be getting a bigger prize. I will announce said prize
closer to the event. All the money will be going to a charity of the
seniors choice. All of this is subject to change but this is the basic
premise and I will let you know if any updates occur. The more seniors that
participate in the auction, the more likely you will get these benefits. So
encourage your seniors to go up there and participate! I am aiming for this
event to end by 9:00 pm, or hopefully sooner. If you have any questions
PLEASE oh please reach out to me and I will clarify on any parts you are
confused by. Thank you for reading this long, excruciating email and I hope
you all have an awesome week!

*Joshua Brown | Historian*
*Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity*
*Delta Gamma Chapter*
*614-403-4270*