[Aphio-L] NSEC INFO
National Service Event Chairs
nsec.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 00:00:39 EST 2017
Chalking: chalk will be on the ADPi porch, sign your name, take chalk,
write your messages, take pics of your messages and send them to us, RETURN
Flyering: hang your 10 flyers and take pictures of them and send them to us
Reminder to bring scissors to tagging tomorrow night!
Below we have listed things you can write for chalking!!
- **** So for chalking maybe write a sad statistic (listed below) and
then write a positive saying/ phrase and a hotline number!***
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Counseling and Physchological services:740-593-1616
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US for all ages.
- Every day, approximately 105 Americans die by suicide.
- Most suicidal individuals desperately want to live; they are just
unable to see alternatives to their problems.
- Talking about suicide does not cause someone to be suicidal.
- Suicide occurs across all age, economic, social, racial and ethnic
- Only half of all Americans experiencing an episode of major depression
- Females are more likely than males to have suicidal thoughts.
- Most suicidal individuals give definite warnings of their suicidal
intentions, but others are either unaware of the significance of these
warnings or do not know how to respond to them.
- Nationally, suicide rates among youth (ages 15-24) have increased more
than 200% in the last fifty years.
- About two-thirds people who die by suicide are clinically depressed
at the time of their deaths.
- On average, there are *121* suicides per day.
- Over 30,000 people in the United States die by suicide every year.
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death among those 15–24 years
- Alcoholism is a factor in about 30 percent of all completed suicides
- Depression affects nearly 5-8 percent of Americans ages 18 and over in
a given year.
- More Americans suffer from depression than coronary heart disease,
cancer, and HIV/AIDS.
- Nearly 30,000 Americans commit suicide every year.
- In the US, suicide rates are highest during the spring.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for 15 to 24-year-olds and
2nd for 24 to 35-year-olds.
- On average, 1 person commits suicide every 16.2 minutes.
- Each suicide intimately affects at least 6 other people.
- About 2/3 of people who complete suicide are depressed at the time of
their deaths. Depression that is untreated, undiagnosed, or ineffectively
treated is the number 1 cause of suicide.
- There is 1 suicide for every 25 attempted suicides.
- Males make up 79% of all suicides, while women are more prone to
having suicidal thoughts.
- 1 in 65,000 children ages 10 to 14 commit suicide each year.
- There are 2 times as many deaths due to suicide than HIV/AIDS.
- Over 50% of all suicides are completed with a firearm.
- In 2015 there were more than twice as many suicides (44,193) in the
United States than there were homicides (17,793).
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death for college students
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Aphio-L