[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 11/13

Mackenzie Kistler communications.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:36:25 EST 2016

*APhiO Chapter Minutes 11/13/16*

President:

Last Chapter: Nov 27th

NO CHAPTER NEXT SUNDAY

Ravneet and Service see me after :)

Office Hours Monday 2-3pm West 82

Sarah Bell

president.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com

614-906-2453

Leadership:

International Education Week (Nov. 13 - 18)!

http://www.ohio.edu/iew/

Global Relations Open Forum (All at Baker 231):

Japan - Monday Nov. 14, 1:00 - 3:00 pm

China - Tuesday Nov. 15, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Africa - Wednesday Nov. 16, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm

Keynote Speech - Wajahat Ali on Islamaphobia. Thursday Nov. 17, 7 pm to 8
pm (Baker Center Ballroom)

Questions about International Education Week?

leadership.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com

937.570.4558

(If you contact me use your full name in the text!)

Service:

Bare on the Bricks - this Saturday! If we get 10 or more people signed up
then the chapter will pay our registration fee! https://youtu.be/sDoTkBzsSng

ATCO Idol - December 8th, more details to come!

If anybody would be interested in baking homemade dog treats for the
shelter please let us know!

We will be “Adopting” a child through tRAC to provide presents for the
holidays. More details to come

REMINDER: If you go to Dog Walking or West Elementary and sign in on their
sign in sheet, we do not receive that. So please either take a picture of
their sign in sheet or make a seperate sign in to turn into us.

Also...please keep in mind that NSEC and Charity Chairs have their own
emails! If you have questions about anything Service Week or Charity Ball
related please ask them, not us!

Hours are not up to date, but they will be by tomorrow night-ish.

Still missing some sign ins, send em our way!

Fellowship:

Contact Rachel to pick up your swag ( 937.760.2830 )

Family Heads meet us after chapter

Pledges come get our sigs

Fundraising

Yankee Candle

Read Britt’s email

Tabling this week for Pura Vida

If you still need an hour… go buy some!

You can buy Pura Vida after chapter today as well

Contact me or brittany if you need anything or have any questions :)

Ombudsmen:

Come Get Our Signatures

Have a Great Week!

Treasurer:

J-Board

Didn’t meet quorum, plz come to chapter L

Nominationsssss (Elected next week)

-NSEC

-Service

-Council

Membership/Pledge Educators

HISTORY NIGHT IS THURSDAY GET EXCITED!!!

Casual dress this year!!

Initiation is December 2nd!

Dress up

Congrats to the new Membership VP and the new Pledge Educators, Dalton,
Hannah, and Madison!

Please stay to let the pledges get your sig!

Give Hannah your GKTW Money AND CONTRACTS, DUDES

Charity Chairs

HAPPY CHARITY BALL WEEK!!!!!!!

We have a ton of events up on the website but barely anyone signed up :(

-Monday, Thursday, Friday (12-4 Howard Hall): ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with
the Beta Theta Pi guys

-none of our volunteers will be participating in the dumping of the ice
(unless you want to…)

-we need people to be runners to get the ice, hold signs and get people’s
attention, and handle the money (5 people per shift)

            -if you have any old towels you want to bring that would be a
huge help

-if nobody signs up for these we will have to cancel the event and that
would be really sad...

charity ball will be 7-10 pm on Wednesday night in Baker Ballroom

formal event so whip out your snazziest clothes

NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR

Buy them either tonight, tomorrow 10:30-11:30 or Tuesday 12-1 in Front Room

you only have to be there for ONE HOUR but if you can, come for the entire
event

We will have our committee working the door and watching the sign ins so no
funny business (or you get DOCKT)

there will be some food provided but please eat dinner before. We will just
have desserts & snacks (sorry catering sux)

first hour will be speakers and presentations about ALS and the Packard
Center

after presentations are done, we will clear out some tables and start the
partaaay

If you can’t make it for the first hour, try not to walk in in the middle
of a presentation

Bring some money to the event if you want to participate in a raffle! $1 =
1 ticket

PLEDGES BRING YOUR BINDERZ

We will be selling tickets after chapter for $10. If you signed up on the
website to bring a date, you are obligated to buy that ticket or you will
get docked.  If you didn’t sign up, you can still buy a ticket but if we
sell out there’s nothing we can do.

After chapter is your last opportunity to get your Team Packard tshirt.
They are $10 if you have not paid yet.

If you signed up for donations for charity ball or ice bucket challenge
bring those to me after chapter!

National Event Chairs

Tomorrow is last day book bins will be out!

Faculty Pageant:

All of you should have received an email from us! If you did not please let
us know:)

Haley Polsdorfer 419-276-1431

Madison Baumer 614-557-3806

Communications

@ the Twitter for the Charity Ball I will RT you!

Have paper chapter in by Monday at Midnight pretty please

Historian:

-My committee please come see right after chapter!

-Please e-mail me any pictures from any service event you and/or your
friends have been at this semester!

-Please email me nominations for EXEC/BRO/PLEDGE OF THE WEEK or we will not
have any.

-Come get my signature if you have not already!

Khanh-Vy Tran

937.344.4951

historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com

*Chapter Mins Quiz:*

When is the opportunity to get more Charity Ball hours?

When does paper chapter have to be in by?

When is the last day the book bins for NSEC?

--
*Communications Chair*
Alpha Phi Omega

Kenzie Kistler