[Aphio-L] Big/Little Week Clarification

Membership APhiO Delta Gamma membership.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:31:23 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

The ombudspeople have informed us that there has been some confusion about
big/little week, which is completely understandable considering we are
trying a whole new system. We are the test subjects this semester, as well,
so bear with us as we work out the kinks.* If you are taking a little
please read through this email thoroughly, as it contains important
information for this week.*

1.) Since we have 74 people taking littles this semester and around 90
pledges, there will not be that many twins. This is a really good thing, so
that way littles can be matched better with personality and interests. This
means that only smaller families with bigs that do not currently have any
littles will be a priority for twins.

2.) It is mandatory that you go to two big/little week events. However, we
completely understand if you are sick/have class/life happens, so please
just email me if you cannot make it to two events. We want you to attend
two to meet the pledges and possibly request a little, but we understand
that not everyone's schedules permit this.

3.) My committee members will be at big/little events as a liaison for you
guys to request littles through. You are also more than welcome to email me
with any request for a little.

4.) We just found out recently that Grover Gym is under construction, so we
are no longer able to hold reveal night there. We have decided to do it at
Morton 201, considering it is too last minute to find another place. This
will still give us more than enough room for the event.

5.) Arrive to Morton 201 by 7 PM. Please bring paper and a marker, because
we are going to have you write your little's name on a piece of paper (like
if you were picking them up at the airport, sticking with the around the
world theme). We will bring in each family's littles at the front of the
room and bigs from that family will wait at the front of the room as well.
We will have them close their eyes until the reveal. We will do that for
each family alphabetically. Come dressed as your country and ready to meet
your little(s)! :)

6.) If you cannot make it to reveal night for a legitimate reason, please
email myself or the pledge educators. We will give you your little's
contact info this Thursday and if you could pass along your little's gift
to a family member, so they can open it at reveal night, that would be best!

I understand that we have made a lot of changes this semester and it might
seem overwhelming. We are making these changes with the idea in mind to
further the growth of the fraternity and bring more life and excitement
back into Aphio events. Please contact me with any issues, concerns,
questions or anything else regarding these changes. I am more than willing
to help you guys, so don't hesitate to contact me!

You will probably see more emails from us this week with updates, so look
out for that! Thank you for reading all of this, you guys are awesome and
what makes being on Team Membership worthwhile :)

Rebecca Cherry
Alpha Phi Omega - Delta Gamma
VP of Membership