[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes

Jillian Barcia communications.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 21:23:13 EDT 2015

Chapter Minutes 9.7

President

   -

   Execs - Sundays at 8
   -

   Office Hours - Wednesday from 1-2 at West 82

Jboard

   -

   In 2 weeks we will start nominations and elections in 4 weeks. To
   prepare we have made a list of the positions that are up for election and
   then also made a brief description the new positions.
   -

   2 Service Week, 2 Service, 1 Membership, 2 Pledge Educators, 2
   Fellowship, 1 President, 2 Ombudsmen, 2 Fundraising, 1 Communications, 1
   Sergeant at Arms. 2 Charity Chairs, 1 Treasurer
   -

   The current membership position is being broken up into two separate
   positions
   -

      Membership: Essentially they will be responsible for rush and
      membership retention
      -

      Pledge Educator: Essentially they will be responsible for helping the
      new members through the pledge process
      -

   Service Week will be responsible for a mandatory event in both the
   spring and the fall semesters. This position has been renamed to the
   National Service Event Chairs
   -

      Fall will be National Service Week (stays the same)
      -

      Spring will be National Youth Service Day (new)
      -

   We no longer have Youth Service Chairs because the position has been
   merged into Service. The Service chairs will be responsible for everything
   Youth Service related except for the mandatory event in the spring that
   will be lead by Service Week
   -

   We will no longer have Relay for Life or 5k chairs. These positions have
   been merged into what is now the Charity Chairs. They will be responsible
   for one of the mandatory events in the fall semester. The people elected to
   this position will have the ability to change up the event that we do in
   the fall meaning we do not need to continue to have a 5k if they or the
   chapter do not want to continue. Please note that Relay for Life is no
   longer a mandatory event.
   -

   Other responsibilities:
   -

      Team Captain for both Relay for Life and Bobcathon
      -

      Can plan smaller charity events in either semester but they will not
      be mandatory.
      -

   If you are interested in running for a position don’t hesitate to ask
   the current execs, VP of Leadership, or one of us about the positions.
   -

   Have asked we say on their behalf that the reason why they were short: “I
   missed the membership picnic because I was studying for my finals.”
   -

   If you are on our committee you should have received an email this
   weekend. If you did not or if you have any questions please see us after
   chapter.
   -

   If you have any problems with the website or emails let us know and we
   will try to fix it.
   -

   Finally, if you know someone who has dropped please let us know so we
   can remove them from the website.

Ombudsman

   -

   Question of the week - what new service and fellowship events would you
   like to see this semester?
   -

   Theme for next week - pajamas
   -

   Financial Aid Forms due - September 19
   -

   If you are not approved, you will be set up on a payment plan at $50

Treasurer

   -

   Dues are $50 tonight!
   -

      $15 for Associates
      -

   Dues will raise to $55 on Sept. 20th
   -

   November 1st, ALL DUES must be submitted
   -

   Come talk to me about payment plans
   -

      After you talk with me email me the dates and the amount that you
      would like to pay and we will work something out

Membership

   -

   Rush
   -

      Informal - September 15 at 6:45 in Baker Ballroom
      -

      Formal - September 16 at 6:45 in Baker Ballroom
      -

   Big Apps
   -

      Please fill out a big application and bring it to us, paper copies
      only
      -

   Rush Events
   -

      Hats for Heads - September 22 at 6:00 in Baker 236

Leadership

   -

   Regionals - November 13-15 in Cincinnati
   -

      Registration is open
      -

      Interest Sign up on November 13
      -

      Hopefully all we pay is registration
      -

   Elections
   -

      If you are interested in running for a position please fill out the
      interest sign up on September 18, even if you are a current exec
      -

      Nominations start in less than two weeks
      -

   LEADS
   -

      Launch is happening September 13 online

Service

   -

   Weeklies are up
   -

   ATCO Movie Night - September 8
   -

   Pawpaw Festival - September 11-13
   -

   Discover Museum Volunteers - September 12, 29, 26
   -

   Susan Komen’s Race for a Cure - October 25
   -

   Need an organizer for hats for heads
   -

   GKTW interest is on the website - September 30
   -

   ATCO bowling - 6 open spots

Fellowship

   -

   Family heads
   -

      I want an email from both family heads for each family by midnight
      tonight
      -

   Committee
   -

      Please meet after chapter for 5 minutes
      -

   Please email all sign-ins to the fellowship account
   -

      It makes it easier for us to keep organized

Historian

   -

   Please continue to send me pictures (and videos) this week
   -

   Bro of the week

Fundraising

   -

   Still waiting on Chipotle
   -

   We have swag

Faculty Pageant

   -

   February 22

Service Week

   -

   The theme for service week this year is Literacy for All

5k

PR

   -

   TWEET NOW PLS
   -

      #APORush15

Awards

   - If you didn’t send me your birthday, please send it to me (awards
   account)

*Have a FAB week!*

--
*Communications Chair*