[Aphio-L] Chapter Sunday

J board jboard.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:55:43 EST 2014

We have been working on updating the constitution and we are going to start voting on changes Sunday in chunks so you have time to read and ask us questions. Please read and consider the possible changes and email us if you have any questions.

Position Changes

Please note that these changes will not affect the current executive board or next semesters hours. The position changes will be made during elections next spring. The reason why these changes are being proposed is because as an executive board we felt that they needed to be made because it will make it easier to combined positions or for memberships split the position.

1) Merge 5k and Relay to make a Charity Chair. The Charity Chair will be elected spring semester and there will be 2 brothers that hold the position. This position will be responsible for planning 1 of the the 2 mandatory service projects during the fall semester.  The Charity Chair will lead the APhiO Relay for Life team, but with this position Relay will no longer be one of the mandatory service projects in the spring semester because Relay is not our event. Our participation at Relay will be like every other team participating. We will still have Relay for Life as a mandatory event in the Spring of 2015 but that will be the last time it is.

2) We are no longer going to have Youth Service Chairs. Service is going to take over the position. We will still have 2 Service Chairs. During spring semester Service Week will be responsible for a Reading Day/Read Week with Athens City Schools which will replace Relay for Life as one of the two mandatory events in the Spring of 2016. We will still have 2 Service Week chairs.

3) We will be splitting Membership into two separate positions. Both will be elected during the fall semester.
        1) Membership Chair: There will be one Membership Chair who is responsible for membership retention, rush, interviews, bid day, big little pairings, and share responsibility of the ceremonies
        2) Pledge Educator: There will be two Pledge Educators who will be responsible for everything pledging related after initiation, and share responsibility of the ceremonies

4) Awards will be merging with Historian and there will be one brother elected during the fall semester to this position. It will keep the title Historian who will take on the responsibility for the Awards banquet, birthday of the week, and happy can on top of what the Historian already does.

Treasurer Section

All budgets must be approved by the treasurer before the budget can be voted on to ensure we have the funds available.

J Board Section

Changes: grades, early alum, and associate to be due by week 2 of the semester instead of week 4 so that way we can finish appeals and probation before big applications are due.

--
Judiciary Board
Alpha Phi Omega

---