[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 9/16/12

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 22:06:36 EDT 2012

Chapter Minutes 9/16/12

Guest speaker

   - Myranda Owca: If you get 10 people to register to vote you get a
   service hour! They must be turned in in the next 5 days, her office is in
   room 210 between Pita Pit and Fluff

President

   - Office Hours Tuesday 1:30-2:30ish Baker 312

Ombudsmen

   - Do you have any ideas for the Homecoming float?
   - Office hours Tuedays from 6-7pm Baker 312

J-board

   - GRADES PRETTY PLEASE GRADES
   - Nominations for historian, we will do nominations every week until
   someone steps up to the plate!

Service

   - Clothing donations for hurricane victims: Take to Stephanie Born by
   Sept 20th at 8 Lash St
   - Midwest Big Cat Care: Landscaping work at tiger sanctuary, currently
   full, going again Sept 30th and in October
   - Shovel and Rake donations: Need them for Midwest Big Cat Care on
   Sunday! Get service hour for letting us borrow them for the day
   - Appalachian Health Summit: Friday the 28th 1-5pm and Saturday the 29th
   8am-2pm, Mandatory training is Tuesday Sept 25th 6-7pm in Grover W109, sign
   up for exact shirt during training, at the event sign in with your name,
   time worked and how many hours
   - ABH Training and Kennedy: George sends his apologies for missing
   training, new time is wednesday 3-5pm, Kennedy Gallery training will be
   coming soon
   - Run Like Hell 5K: You should have gotten an email from the
   coordinator, if you can no longer volunteer email her back, please sign up
   online, only if you wish to volunteer and weren’t originally on the
   volunteer list.
   - Mental Health Awareness Walk Sign-Making: October 7th 1-3pm at The
   Gathering Place on N. Congress
   - Puttsapalooza Golf Tournament: Sept 29th
   - Dayton 5K Service Trip: $15 registration free, get a tshirt if
   registered by sept 21
   - Hats For Heads this week: Meet out side the Maggie K Davis room in the
   bottom of Baker
   - GKTW- Past and Present: People who wend over summer, I have your
   money, see me after chapter, if you want to go this coming winter, the
   first payment of $50 is due next Sunday, I need to know a final count soon
   so I can book a van and rooms as needed

Membership

   - Big Application Deadline! Due Saturday Sept 22nd at 11:59pm
   - We have 41 Bigs so far! Thank you!
   - Email the account or print the application and give it to Maria, Cody
   or Natalie
   - If you know who you want as a little write it on your big application
   - These are the people who have already turned in an application, if
   your name is not on this list talk to membership, Nate Freeman, Allory
   Auflick, Kayleigh Bednarski, Nicole Yozwiak, Kiley Harkins, Jessica
   Prentis, Chelsea Wiley, Carly Damman, Sarah Norman, Matt Mensch, Mckenzie
   Hood, Rachel Rutherford, Krystan Krucki, Kristen Penkrot, Rachel Levine,
   Lauren Moran, Katja Slatinsek, Taylor Carney, Claire Stegman, Ashley
   Angelo, Emily Rosepert, Jessica Barid, Ashley Urbanic, Maggie Lawlor, Dom
   Armelie, Leah Zellers, Clara Stritnather, Mike Mulig, Val Hudak, Sarah
   Csongei, Chelsea Arnold, Natalie Armstrong, Courtney Waite, Allison
   Barwacz, Cody Romani, Natalie Zelich, Carolyn Gardner, Rachel Colby, Jackie
   Scott, Stacy Boesch, Leanna Pitt
   - Bid Day: Sunday Sept 23rd 6-8pm Walter, note card, reminder if you
   plan on taking a little this is an MANDATORY event
   - Interview Committee: Sent out the schedule this past week, if you
   havent looked at it do so asap and let us know if you have any conflicts,
   business casual attire, come to Baker 356 first

Fellowship

- We need the sign in from the concert in the park

   - Weeklies: Finding Nemo 3D, meet in morton parking lot at 8:30
   wednesday 9/19 8:55  at the Athena Grand
   - Picnic in the Park with Lancaster 9/30
   - Zoo lights 11/30
   - If you are interested in going apple picking or to the haunted forest
   please see Victoria after chapter, family heads see Ashley after chapter
   - Homecoming: Theme is Better than the best ever, sticking with the
   musical theme, all of the entries into the parade will be musically themed,
   specifically whichever group, artist, or decade each participant considers
   to be “Better than the Best” if you have any ideas please email us
   - Family Sigma needs a family head, if you can no longer be family head
   email the account and make sure you have a replacement
   - Sweatshirts

Faculty Pageant

   - Committee meeting next week 8:30
   - 1st lego league Dec 1 service trip

Relay

   - Committee Meeting: Tuesday 9/18 at 9pm in the Honors Collegium (4th
   floor baker under the staircase), bring good ideas, contact us if you
   cannot make it
   - Sign up online to get swabbed for the bone marrow registry

Fundraising

   - Pumpkin Bake Sale!
   - Bdubs Receipts
   - Nationals Fundraising counts as a fundraising hour
   - Committee meet after chapter: Leanna Pitt, Madison Koeing, Mckenzie
   Hood, Melanie Oreskovich, Nick Reese

Youth Service

   - Falloween: I passed on the message about set-up, still waiting to hear
   more about times
   - Box Tops: 9 people should be turning them in tonight, 40 1/2 N Court
   St (next to Pigskin)
   - New Events let us know!

5K

   - Committee Meeting again this week, same place same time Tuesday at 7pm
   bottom of Baker, for those who can’t make it talk to Chelsea about ribbon
   sales to get hours and we will email things out this week for you to do
   - T-shirt ideas???
   - Starting next week letter writing parties will begin, Sunday before
   chapter location TBA

Service Week

   - Look out for an email from us
   - At the first committee meeting we passed out sheets for you to choose
   your subcommittee so if you have not done that yet, look out for an email
   that will explain all of your options for subcommittees, the sooner you get
   back to us, the sooner we can start to plan an amazing service week

Interchapter

   - The only way that your nationals trip will be affordable is if you do
   the fundraising with us, please sign up!
   - Committee meet after chapter to discuss next meeting time
   - I need a final list of people going to nationals by Sept 28th

PR

- Brother of the week: Rachael Colby

Awards

   - Happy Birthday to Ellie Drake

Announcements

   - Pay your DUES! They will be $55 next week
   - Buy a Rush shirt! Natalie says pretty please with a cherry on top....
   yumm

--
Carolyn Gardner
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12

^Map around campus
---------------