[Aphio-L] New Orleans trip

Gebhardt, Marissa mg172009 at ohio.edu
Mon Sep 3 23:56:57 EDT 2012

Hey yooo,

Hope everyone's semester has started off well.

I'm beginning to plan the winter New Orleans trip and am wondering which week we should go.  For those of you who don't know, each winter/spring breaks we send a group to New Orleans to work with the St. Bernard Project in rebuilding houses affected by Katrina.  With Hurricane Isaac hitting recently, they would really appreciate our help again.  This will be my 5th trip to New Orleans (4th with APhiO) and I can't wait to go!  New Orleans is such a fun city (and has delicious food!), so I highly encourage you to come!  We'll probably be able to take about 15 people down, so once we get all the details straightened out, it'll be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.

We typically leave Saturday night (or Friday) and arrive mid-day Sunday (or Saturday), depending on the schedule of the week.  We work Monday-Friday either 7am - 1pm or 1pm - 7pm.  We use the last Saturday to look around the French Quarter/rest of New Orleans, then leave later that evening and arrive back to Athens Sunday morning.

There are four possible weeks to choose from (weeks listed as Sunday-Saturday):
December 16-22 (first week of break)
December 23-29 (Nationals/GKTW)
December 30-January 6 (Nationals/GKTW)
January 7-14 (last week of break)

If you are interested AT ALL, please e-mail me back as soon as possible.  And if you could please list which week you would like to go (in order from most likely to least likely) in your e-mail, that'll really help me figure out which week works best, because I would like to reserve a week with SBP as soon as I can. :)

Hope to hear from all of you soon! :)

LFS,
Marissa Gebhardt