[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 10/28/12

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:25:19 EDT 2012

Chapter Minutes 10/28/12

5K Flour Run- Adam and Laura, benefits HAPCAP which helps run the food
bank, this program give food to children for the weekends when they don’t
get food at school, Athens country is the poorest county in Ohio, we can
help change that, $4.50 a day... how you gonna feed a family on that? This
is why you should go to this event!!! Its like a color run but all white!
They will throw flour around and you run through it! Sounds awesome! Come
January this program may not exist, we need to help out and supports such a
great program. Looking for volunteers to help run the event! First come
first serve, they have 20 spots available, $15 if you preregister, $20 the
day of, find them on Facebook!

President

   - Happy Halloween!

Ombudsmen

- Do you have any questions you would like to have asked for candidates for
elections?

Treasurer

- Pay Jordin!

J-Board

   - Reminder! Do NOT wear your letters out! “Alpha Phi Omega”, “AphiO”,
   “APO”, ect... if these show up on a shirt, do not wear it out!
   - Nominations- President- Cody Romani
       - Treasure- Krystan Krucki
         - Service- Robert Burke
             - Ashley Mullins
               - Allison Barwaz
             - Membership- Sarah Norman
             - Emily Hahn
               - Meghan Fitzgerald
             - Ombudsmen- Kelly Croup
             - Elyse Whitehouse
             - Awards- Jess Pettis
         - PR- MaryKate McHugh

- We will hold more nominations next week

Service

   - UCM Stream Clean-Up- November 4th at 11am, meet at UCM for rides,
   should be back around 4pm
   - UCM Benefit Auction- November 17th at 5:45-9:30, child care and event
   help, volunteers get pizza!
   - HAPCAP 5K Flour Run- November 10th, 2 shifts from 8-11 &11-2
   - Alpha Delta Pi’s Mr. University- November 19 from 6-9pm, sign up so
   Eric will wear a speedo
   - Autism Rocks Benefit Concert- November 12th 6-9pm, Baker Student Lounge

Membership

-Thanksgiving dinner is November 15th

 Fellowship

   - Fall Festival- Monday 10/29 4-6pm, pumpkin decorating, free food,
   games, prizes (DVD’s, OU tshirts, fall knickknacks, candy, ect), location:
   Jeff Library
   - Fall Movie- Wednesday 10/31
   - Hocking Hills Trip with OSU Chapter- November 10 (sign ups lock
   November 6)
   - Zoo Lights with OSU Chapter- November 30th, please note this is the
   same night as the FLL service trip
   - More events will be up later tonight!
   - Homecoming Sweatshirt Pick Up- Monday any time after 8:30 from
   Victorias apartment (1 S Congress Apt B), wednesday anytime from Victorias
   apartment, thursday 1:30-3 Baker, or email to schedule a meet up. If you
   didn’t pay, don’t forget your money!
   - Flag Football interest! If you are interested in playing flag football
   with Ashley see her after chapter! ITS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!
   - Reminders: You need 3 fellowship hours total! 1 must be with your
   family, you must have 4 brothers at an event for it to count as an hour (NO
   exceptions, its an overall rule), please email the fellowship account and
   not out personal accounts and make sure everything gets a response
   - The following people see fellowship after chapter, Ellie Drake, Maria
   Pantuso, Adam Roser, Allison Keller

Historian

   - Facebook is now linked to our chapters website!
   - If you want to be featured on the website or the FB page send pictures
   of service or fellowship to historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com, or text
   them

Relay

- Committee meeting after chapter

Faculty Pageant

   - Committee look for an email
   - Look out for a link with the tshirt design

Fundraising

   - More candy gram supplies! 350 plastic bags, 35 bags of candy corn, 15
   bags of chocolate candy, 10 rolls of black ribbon, 10 rolls of orange
   ribbon, donate $10 worth on materials
   - Bake Sale next Thursday 10-3
   - Bring me your DP Dough receipt or email it to me, be sure the date is
   visible
   - Committee meet after chapter

Youth Service

   - Literacy Alive campaign- 2 children’s books=1 hour, can only get 2
   hours from this a semester, books go to Trimble Elementary, turn in to me
   or DJ FreeNate at chapter
   - West Elementary Library Helpers- Tuesdays 2-3:15, Wednesdays
   12:55-2:45, I can work on changing times if these aren’t working for people
   - West Elementary COSI meteorology event- 8:30am to 3:30pm Tuesday
   November 6th, 2 hour shifts
   - West Elementary World Run- Sunday November 11th, 12 volunteers (not
   runners) from 12-3
   - Calliope Child Care- I’ve taken it over so contact me for any
   guidance/help/questions
   - Santa Tree
   - Give us your pop tabs, box tops, or childrens books
   - Hayley McCandless find me after chapter

5K

- Did a great job!

Service Week

   - T-shirt!
   - Nicole Yozwiack: We based our design off of your t-shirt design!
   - We are not going to change the design, but if you have suggestions
   about changing the color we are willing to take those
   - We are going in to get a quotes for the prices of these tomorrow
   - Agenda: Hours outside of SW 1. Speaker Dr. Neal Barnard, Nov 1st in
   Baker Ballroom at 7:30 “A new approach to food and health” 2. Benefit
   Concert on Nov 3, Baker Theatre: time TBA, cost $1, proceeds go to Jones
   Family (CDH Awareness) 3. Blood Drive Nov 1st at Baker 1-7pm
   - Service week is Nov 4th-10th, Sunday kick cf and kick off event,
   Monday schools and healthy station, Tuesday vegan cooking and blood drive,
   Wednesday ridges walk and healthy station, Thursday blood drive and movie
   night, Friday healthy station, Saturday health fair, look for sign ups on
   the website! (Under SW)
   - All week events- fitness classes, clothing donations (going to local
   schools), flyering, tabling, chalking, food donations
   - This is how we are going to break down the hours- You need at least
   one of your service week hours from: The Health Fair, Kick CF, Schools,
   Healthy Stations, Flying, you CAN get both hours from these events but if
   you don’t want to you don’t have to
   - Kick off event at Tori and MaryKate’s House: 32 N Congress st at 6pm
   Fellowship? Potluck style
   - We want you to send us videos for 2 reasons- 1. Bros to speak out
   about diseases they fight against (kind of like speak outs for relay) 2.
   Funny of goofy videos showing us workouts you do to stay healthy so we can
   get excited about service week
   - Food Donations will be on the website as well, healthy snacks for
   schools, trail mix at health fair, fruits (clementines) for health fair
   - Kick CF- Sunday Nov 4th, Intramural fields, registration/check in at
   11, tournament begins at 12, proceeds go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation,
   Teams of 7-12 people, $5 per person
   - Register for Kick CF in Baker Tuesday the 30th 11-2 or Thursday the
   1st 12-3
   - Sign up to work the table for service week hours!

Inter-Chapter

   - Buy Koozies after chapter!
   - Committee meeting Monday at 9pm

PR

   - Bother of the week is Caleb Benkey! Check out the full article on
   Facebook
   - Don’t forget to give me brother of the week nominations!

Awards

   - Happy Birthday to Emily Rospert, Claire Stegman, and Sarah Csongei!!!

Announcements

   - If you don’t have hours for an event its because service didn’t get
   the sign in so make one!
   - Turn in DP Dough receipts

--
Carolyn Gardner
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12

^Map around campus
---------------