[Aphio-L] The Nichols Family Update

Horton, Eric eh151607 at ohio.edu
Tue Jun 5 23:56:27 EDT 2012

Hello all, If you havent seen Traci Nichols new facebook post, here it is. Many of you had asked about them having other children and what not so I thought I would share.

When we prayed with Ava everynight we would ask God to heal her body inside and out. We asked Him to give us all comfort and peace and happiness. Ava always asked "God to put a baby brother or sister in my Mommy's belly". She prayed this for 3 years as we prayed for it too. She would always ask me when it would happen and my answer was, "when God and Jesus think it's the right time for me to have a baby in my belly". And secretly I cried because for reasons out of my control I couldn't give her this one simple thing she had asked for. I always knew she would be the best big sister in the world. I always believed that Ava was an angel here on Earth, but I also believe that now she has even stronger "connections" with the Man Upstairs. There is not a doubt in my mind that Ava had her hand in this, and that only makes it more special. It is still very early, but the cat got out of the bag, so I decided to go ahead and put it on here. I feel like our life has been an open book to you all anyway, and we can always use the extra prayers. This again is very bittersweet, for obvious reasons. However, I always promised Ava that she could be the one to tell her Daddy, and I kept my promise as well as I could. All I can say right now is that we are ecstatic, terrified and thanking God and Ava everyday. I am constantly praying that everything be okay. God Bless!
Good luck with finals and "may the curve be ever in your favor"

Eric Horton
Biology Pre-Physical Therapy
Alpha Phi Omega Service Co-Chair

"Service to others is the payment you make for your space here on earth."
   -Mohammed Ali