[Aphio-L] Chapter minutes!

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 23:19:13 EST 2012

PRESIDENT

   - office hours : Mon & Wed 3-4pm
   - latest pledge class, JP has pledge cards!

J-BOARD

   - send grades in by the end of this week!
   - If you have been active for three or more quarters, and would like to
   go associate, please email us by the end of this week.
   - nominations for ombudsmen
      - Sydney Lawlor
      - Macy Musik
      - Chelsea Arnold
      - Danielle Fultz
      - elections!

NOLA (New Orleans service trip)

   - Work with the St. Bernard Project to rebuild homes destroyed by
   Hurricane Katrine (there's still work to be done almost 7 years later)

   - Caravan down with about 13 people
   - staying at a church (hopefully)

   - $200 dollars (this past trip, we got $$ back)

   - e-mail Sarah sc229207 at ohio.edu with interest!

MEMBERSHIP

   - We changed the theme!
      - Dress up in anything starting with the first letter of your family
      name.

   - Feb 2nd at 7:00 pm @ UMC
      - Ice Cream Bar again!
      - sign up on the website so we can get enough ice cream!
   - talk to us about membership if you want to run!
   - congrats to pledge execs!
      - president- Robert Burke
      - Service- Amanda Breedlove & Kelly Schlabach
      - Fundraising - Yesenia Carreon & Stephanie Born
      - Fellowship - Sam Rommel & Carly Finton
      - Historian - Tori Turk
      - Secretary - Mesha Baylis

OMBUDSMEN

   - any comments questions or concerns, email!

AVA NICHOLS FACULTY PAGEANT

   - contestants:
      - Dean Lombardi
      - Eleanor Miller

   - Chris Schwirian
      - Risa Whitson
      - Judi Haberkorn
      - Julie Suhr
      - Roger Cooper
      - Amanda Catron
   - judges:
      - Sharon Rana
      - Terri Hood-Brown
      - We need more judges, you get 2 service hours!
   - if you bring 2 people to the pageant, you get a service hour!!
      - $2 for admittance
   - Last chance to sign up to be an emcee
   - promo video next week
   - committee meeting:
      - Monday 7pm Mackinnion hall basement
   - Update on Ava:
      - This past week, Ava was having minor episodes. She was gasping for
      breath, not swallowing well
   - if you are in Tempo Tantrums, contact Eric

SERVICE

   - Weeklies will be up after chapter!
   - ABH begins this week! Wednesdays, 3:30-5 Quarterly project, yo!

   - Bring us sign-ins if you have them!

   - WOUB Pledge Drive 2/9/12 : the 5:30 shift....
      - if you are signed up for this, you will only have to be there until
      6, not 7, but we will still give you 1 hour since we were unaware of this
      change until today

   - WOUB Pledge Drive 2/9/12 : the 5:30 shift....
      - if you are signed up for this, you will only have to be there until
      6, not 7, but we will still give you 1 hour since we were unaware of this
      change until today

   - WOUB Pledge Drive 2/9/12 : the 5:30 shift....
      - if you are signed up for this, you will only have to be there until
      6, not 7, but we will still give you 1 hour since we were unaware of this
      change until today

   - Bare on bricks
      - Feb 11th
      - Dress in lots of clothes, when you arrive, strip down and donate
      the clothes off your back
      - Run (walk maybe?) down court nearly naked!

   - Polar Bear Plunge

   - Also Feb 11th
   - Already on the website, don't forget to sign up on their website and
   join our team!

5K

   - what ATCO means to: Lowell

   - how to get 5k hours:

   - Registration tabling at Baker.

   - Flyering for the 5k around campus.

   - Tabling for sibs weekend t-shirts.

   - Writing 5 letters.

   - (Possible) Valentine's day tabling or hot chocolate tabling!
   - letting writing parties

   - Tomorrow - Monday, January 23rd from 7-9 pm in the Maggie Davis Room

   - *We have the letters and envelopes, you bring the stamps and addresses

      - *Remember they have to be family or friends addresses, not
      businesses in Athens!
      - *You can only receive 1 hour from writing letters--the other will
      be going to the 5k
   - committee
      - *We will be meeting with the P.R., donation/sponsorhsip, and
      registration/tabling sub-committees this
      - TUESDAY (JAN. 24) @ 7:15 PM @ BAKER FOOD CT.
      - pledges are welcome to come!
      - *If you can't make it please e-mail us and we will get you hours!
   - reminders:

   - The 5k is Saturday, March 3rd at Ping with registration starting at 11
   and the race begins at noon.

   - You have to get 2 hours for the 5k (1 outside hour and 1 hour
   attending the 5k).

   - Money raised is going to ATCO to help bring in guest speakers, new
   classes, sponsor ATCO bowling, new crafts for rec. night, and supplies for
   Passionworks.

   - If you can NOT attend the 5k day of--please e-mail us so we can make
   sure you get 2 hours.

   - *Sign up online for t-shirt size, you have until February 1st (listed
   online under other events)!

FELLOWSHIP

   - Formal:
      - Family Competitions
      - Best dressed
      - Door Prizes!
      - Game room with Kinect and Wii
      - Candy Bar chocolate fountain
      - Photobooth? or Polaroids
      - DJ
      - Food!!!
      - OU improv to act!
   - formal week February 20-25

   - Week Events
      - Monday - T-shirt tie-dye!
      - Tuesday - Potluck!
      - Wednesday - 80s Movie Night! breakfast club or ferris buelers
      - Thursday - Skyzone!
      - Friday- Big Little Appreciation Night!
      - Saturday - FORMAL!!

Formal - February 25 6:30-10:30

   - Buy yo tickets tonight!! $20 for youself, $40 for you and a date!
      - pledges can come

   - fellowship of the week

   - Weeklies
      - Wednesday Slice Night - 6 pm Courtside
      - Before the Puck Drops!
         - Friday 5 pm - 7 pm Pigskin
         - food food food!
         - it’s free!

   - committee meeting Tuesday @ 8:45 Baker 2nd floor room TBA
   - sign up for basketball

YOUTH SERVICE

   - box tops!
   - Nate cant get people to volunteer, paperwork takes 4-6 weeks

FUNDRAISING

   - weekly- hot chocolate
      - Tuesday 2-6pm
      - 1st floor Baker
      - sign up on website!
   - BW3 fundraiser
      - Wednesday February 15th 5-8pm
      - contact fundraising if you want to run

PR

   - Brother of the Week: MaryKate McHugh
   - see the article on the facebook page
   - if you are interested in running for PR, let Katie know!

INTERCHAPTER

   - Planning the bid for next year's sectionals is going to be a lot of
   work. My committee will be helping me out, but I'm always up for extra
   help!
   - Committee meeting THIS TUESDAY @ 9PM - Front Room
      - Make sure you have my number just in case we have to move somewhere
      else in Baker!
   - spring break bid:
      - We need you all there to help present our bid that we're putting in
      to host next year's sectionals!
      - We NEED to win this bid b/c this year's sectional conference is at
      Miami of Ohio. Scholarship account can help cut down costs.
   - Talk to bros who have been to conferences.

AWARDS

   - happy birthday to:
   - Kelsie Long - January 22
   - Lauren Parker - January 24
   - Justin Brown - January 26
   - Tiphanie Woods - January 28

ANNOUNCEMENTS

   - penny wars for 5k
   - congrats Macy on winning ombudsmen
   - committee meetings Wednesday at 8pm for jboard and president committee

HAPPY CAN
SUPPORTIVE BRO
TOAST SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTC0TgyiXZo   <--doesn't exist. still funny

--
Brianna McTaggart
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12

^Find service map here
---------------