[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes!

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:15:37 EDT 2011

                                      Welcome!
                             Chapter September 25
                                      Morton 201
PRESIDENT

   - Office hours
      - This Wednesday 11-12 Baker 317
      - Text me if you cant find me!  440-666-8167
      - president.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com

OMBUDSMEN

   - Suggestion box
      - Last Week: What are some ideas you have for fundraising events?
         - We got a lot of awesome ideas so thank you!!!
      - This Week: What did you like about the new rush process?
         - What suggestions do you have for improvement?
      - FinAid
      - Thanks for your applications, they will be reviewed at the exec
      meeting on Tuesday
      - We'll keep those who applied updated
   - Contact info*********

J-BOARD

   - If you want to go associate you should email the account by the end of
   this week.
      - jboard.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com :)
   - Elections
      - Nominations for
      - Relay
         - Jenn Branch
      - **every week until we get another nominee!
      - Fellowship
         - Cody
      - Voting
         - Add to the constitution:
         - Failure to submit grades proving minimum cumulative grade point
         average of 2.0 by the end of week four of the following
active quarter will
         result in inactive status.
            - Need it so we know a GPA
         - Remove from the constitution:
            - Failure to keep his/her cumulative grade point average above a
            2.0: member will be placed under “associate” status for
the quarter, and
            will be required to attend 5 hours of study hours during
the probationary
            quarter, as monitored by a member of the executive board,
as delegated by
            the Chapter President

MEMBERSHIP

   - Don’t tell membership if you cant make it to activations or initiation,
   notify J-board
   - Big/little on thus at UMC
      - At 730 – Dynamic Duo
   - Theme= sign up on (family heads, need family & theme)
      - Interviews with pledges changed so everyone can get to know each
      other
   - Family shirts? voted NO

SERVICE

   - ABH training
      - This Wednesday, September 28th
      - 3:00- 5:00 PM

               ** every Wednesday this quarter**

   - Art therapy? No info yet
      - Already trained? Don’t need to be trained again
      - Directions? Contact Steph
   - SIGN UP on site
      - **This is a quarterly project that you must be trained for and
mustattend each Wednesday**
   - Ray of hope donations
      - Donations must be dropped off to either one of our houses, probably
      Sarah's though because it's about 30 feet closer to court street...
      - Sarah: 75 W. State
      - Steph: 100 W. State
      - Must be dropped off by Friday at noon, there will be a box on my
      porch in case I'm not home
   - ATCO karaoke party
      - Saturday, October 1st
      - Lots of donations
      - 11-1:30 - Decorating
      - 1:30-3- General Volunteers
      - 2-4:30- General volunteers
      - 4-5- Clean up
      - 1 MC, 2-4:30
      - 3 Judges, 2-4:30
      - 2 photographers
   - UCM better together clean-up (6HOURS)
      - Saturday, October 1st
      - Meet at UCM at noon on Sunday October 2nd for rides
      - Clean up at a site north of Nelsonville
      - Will return by 6ish (we know it’s a long shift!)
      - Pizza after yay!!!
      - They also have some reflection time, but you are not required to
      stay for that (nondenominational)
         - Wear sturdy closed-toe shoes/boots and long pants
      - Good Earth farm!

   - Starting up this Saturday, October 1st
   - 9AM-1PM
   - 10011 Armitage Road Athens, OH 45701
   - Probs meet at Morton to carpool, click the car icon if you can drive!

   - Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
      - Saturday, October 1st
      - Men walk, women cheer them on!
      - Registration is 11AM - noon
      - Begins at 4th floor of Baker
      - ** Even if you signed the interest sheet from last week's chapter,
      you need to sign up on our website as well.**
         - if you signed the interest sheet last week, that does not mean
         that you have to attend this event, it was only an interest sheet.

SERVICE WEEK

   - Improving Nutrition and Exercise
   - Service Week Fact of the Day:
      - A cake ice cream cone has half the calories as a sugar cone!
   - Service Week Shirts
      - T-Shirts v Long Sleeve Shirts
         - Long sleeves wins!
      - Carolina Blue v Navy Blue
         - Carolina blue wins!
      - Got a service project idea? Send them our way!
      - serviceweek.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com

YOUTH SERVICE

   - No committee meeting tomorrow!
   - Hours for box tops and golf thingy are up.
   - We know you're ballers on a budget, but.....
      - Adopting a family of 7-9 people
      - Jar for Christmas Tree fam. next week
      - Coin wars
   - There is enough interest for the FLL OU--Chillicouthe  regional
   tournament in December.
   - Be on the look-out for more info

FELLOWSHIP

   - Of the week
      - What: Comedy Night
      - When:Wednesday 8pm
      - Where:Scripps Amphitheater
      - Cost:FREEEEEEE
      - Meet:meet on the forth floor of baker at 7:50
   - Sky zone/homecoming
      - Still in the works look out for an email this week.
      - Got the homecoming theme: beyond the bricks
         - Bizarre…..
      - Email ideas to fellowship
   - WE NEED A HOUSE FOR FLOAT BUILDING. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A
   HOUSE WITH A BIG PARKING LOT OR YARD EMAIL THE ACCOUNT AND LET ME KNOW IF WE
   CAN USE YOUR HOUSE. ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE A TRUCK???
      - IF YOU HAVE EITHER OF THOSE PLEASE EMAIL THE ACCOUNT I NEED TO KNOW
      BY THURSDAY!!!

FUNDRAISING

   - THANKS SOOO MUCH, BROS FOR STEPPING UP AT THE HOT DOG SALE THURSDAY!!!
      - We made $100 from BW3
      - We made approximately $75 from the bake sale and hot dog sale
   - Doing the hot dog sale again this Thursday
   - Creative thing this week, watch out for email

PR

   - Bro of week – Colleen Hicks

AWARDS

   - Happy birthday to :
      - Mackenzie Mayerik - September 28
      - Carly Koss - September 30
      - Kelsey Morrow-Fox - October 1

HAPPY CAN
Supportive Bro- Liza Liberman, lost her voice and still came to chapter
after spending 5 hours in the library
ANNOUNCEMENTS
TOAST SONG

hilarious! -->
http://www.hulu.com/watch/37752/saturday-night-live-the-lawrence-welk-show
--
Brianna McTaggart
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------

---------------
*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com