[Aphio-L] Fwd: Community Assistant Recruitment

Laura Hopkins hopkins.laurac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:42:49 EST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Hummell <jh399610 at ohio.edu>
Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Subject: Community Assistant Recruitment
To: aphio at ohio.edu

Hello,

My name is John Hummell, and I am the Graduate Assistant for Off-Campus
Living. I am wondering if Alpha Phi Omega has a listserv through which my
office can promote the Community Assistant position. We've had tremendous
success partnering with Alpha Phi Omega on a couple service projects this
quarter, and would love to see a few Alpha Phi Omega students apply. If so,
here's some information about the position:

The Community Assistant program identifies, trains, coordinates, and
supports a network of paid students who love off campus and serve as
liaisons between OU and off-campus students, as well as on-campus students
planning to move off campus. They distribute information and announcements,
refer students to on and off-campus services, and plan social and
service-focused programming in Athens' neighborhoods in order to promote
civic responsibility among students, forging a more positive relationship
between the Athens community and off-campus students. As remuneration, CAs
receive $700/quarter. Women, LGBT, and individuals from under-represented
populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications available at:
http://www.ohio.edu/housing/ocl/upload/CAapplication.pdf<http://www..ohio.edu/housing/ocl/upload/CAapplication.pdf>.
E-mail John Hummell, jh399610 at ohio.edu with questions. Application Deadline:
April 1. Selected candidates interviews: April 4-15, Final CA applicants
selected: April 18.

Thanks!

John

--

---

John D. Hummell
Graduate Assistant for Off-Campus Living
Department of Residential Housing
Bromley Hall First Floor
35 S. Congress St.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
740-593-4099 Office
740-707-4089 Fax
jh399610 at ohio..edu <jh399610 at ohio.edu>
www..ohio.edu/offcampus <http://www.ohio.edu/offcampus>
The Division of Student Affairs
*Creating Community, Cultivating Leaders*

Laura Hopkins

Alpha Phi Omega - National Service Fraternity
President