[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 3/6: "Wherever you may be, it is your friends who make your world." ~Unknown

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 22:31:30 EST 2011

Good luck with week 10 and finals week!!   Great job execs of last year and
what an enthusiastic newly elected exec board!!  I've enjoyed recording all
the wonderful progress that has been made this year.  Hopefully you all have
enjoyed my weekly email with minutes + inspirational quote.  This week's
quote is a personal fav. :)  LFS, Jill

------------------------
Ohio University
Alpha Phi Omega
Delta Gamma
Morton 235
March 6, 2011
After activation ~6:45 pm

-------------------------------------------- Chapter
Minutes------------------------------------------------

   - Welcome!:
      - Elections:
         - 5k:
            - Jackie Walsh
         - Jboard:
            - Nate Freeman
            - Anna Gebhardt
            - Kristen Mason
            - Diego Paulett
            - Vanessa Vanyo
         - Treasurer:
            - Renee Lewis
            - Nicole Ntumba
         - Service:
            - Stephanie Bricklebank
         - 5k: 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com <5kaphio at gmail.com> (Amanda:
   740-517-0154, Bailey: 740-816-1053)
      - Thanks to everybody!!!
      - Remember: if you haven’t gotten your 2nd hour yet (or your
      first...), attend the thank you letter parties!  Last chance to get your
      hours!!
      - Thanks to DJ Nate!
   - Men of APhiO Calendar:
      - Interested in actually purchasing the calendar?!
   - Service: service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
<service.aphio at gmail.com>(Kris: 440.476.2005; Gaby: 207.837.0546)
      - Last time :(
      - Weeklies:

   - Already up on the website!
         - We will also post some weeklies during finals week if you are
         looking for a break from studying
         - Only 2 more weeks of service opportunities for the quarter
      - Sending in your hours

   - It's that time....
         - SEND US YOUR SERVICE HOURS!
         - They will be due by Friday March 18th
         - Copy/paste your service report from the website
         - Pledges (new actives!) do NOT need to send us your hours, those
         need to be checked by Leigha and JP in your binders
      - Ray of Hope Donations:

   - Donations are due on Friday by 5pm
   - We will be going back to the pantry on Saturday morning
   - Bring your donations to 136 Mill Street
   - Only 11 people donating, please sign up!

   - Faculty Pageant:
         - This week!!! In Baker Ballroom @ 7 pm! Sign up on website.
         - Come support Ava Nichols - she just returned from St. Jude’s
         - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhuE8K25TWA&feature=related
         - Everyone in committee - have to come this week!
      - Service Stars of the Week:
         - Amanda Blake, Sarah Hider, and Christina Harris!

   - Youth Service:
youthservice.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<aphioyouthservice at gmail.com>(Alyssa:
440.478.2884; Nate: 440.376.6244)
      - Kid Fest:
         - This is a fun day for kids of Athens county and to bring child
               awareness to the community put on by Athens County
Children Services.
               - Saturday April 30, 2011 (Mom's Weekend) at the Convo.
               - Need 25-30 volunteers per 2 1/2 hour shift.
               - Shifts run 9:30am-12noon and 12noon to 2:30.
               - Volunteers are ENCOURAGED to bring yOUr Moms!
            - Cinderella Prom
         - 72 dresses donated!!   (Make sure you label it.  Check your hours
         online to see if you were one of the people who didn’t label a dress).
         - Ending donations on March 27th
         - If possible, put in bag with label  or hand me the label!
         - Need volunteers to sell the dresses at the event in April at the
         mall during Farmers Market
      - Disability Dance:
         - Hosted by APhiO chapter at University of Cincinnati
         - Friday April 8th from 9 am - 2 pm
         - Interest?  Brother housing?  Sign the sheet! :)
      - Absolutely Incredible Kid Day!
         - Huge, nationwide letter-writing campaign in which adults tell
         children how Absolutely Incredible they are
         - Technically on March 17 - can have it week 10 or week 1 -
         preferences?
         - Will need stamp and envelope donations
         -
         - Fundraising:
fundraising.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<fundraising.aphio at gmail.com>
(Vanessa: (216) 246-9223, Kristen (614) 257-9361)
      - Events:
         - Tentative Puppy Chow Sales this week?  Definitely going on.  Got
         the tables at Baker!
         - Pancake sale/trash for cash in Bromley on Thursday night
         - Planning a Finals Week Bake Sale
      - Fellowship:
fellowship.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<ouaphiofellowship at gmail.com>(Jayna:
216.956.8649; Monica: 513.227.2330)
      - Thanks for making it a great year!
      - Fellowship of the Week: Zumba!  Thursday 9 - 10 @ Ping!
      - Study Tables:
         - 3rd floor of the library: Room 309
            - Tuesday 7-9 pm
         - Membership:
membership.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<ouaphiomembership at gmail.com>(Leigha:
614.507.7959; JP: 440.666.8167)

      - Pledge Class Historian Video!
         - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKIUMXHpiA
      - Thanks to everyone who has helped us these past 2 quarters!  You
      have no idea how much it means to us! ~Leigha and JP
      - Congrats all new actives!
   - Historian: historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com (Lauren)
      - Picture of the Week: People spelling 5k with their bodies!
   - Awards: awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com (Noelle)
      - Section 59 Awards:
         - Why does our chapter deserve chapter of the year???
         - Email your response and any pictures of leadership, fellowship,
         or service to awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
         - Happy Birthdays to Emily Pollock, Sarah Vance, Bridget O’Brien,
         Ali Cupelli, Erica Ratner, Andrew Morris, Megan Roberts!!  So
many bdays!
      - Senior Send-Off for those graduating early!
      - Congrats and Good luck!!   Noelle, Sam, Mike, and Carolyn!!
      - Installation of new officers!!  Congratulations to the newly elected
   Jackie Walsh for 5k, Stephanie Bricklebank for Service, Renee Lewis for
   Treasurer, and Kristen Mason for Jboard!
   - Adjourn
   - Toast Song

Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<http://secretary%2Eaphiodeltagamma@gmail.com/740.517.0606>
740.517.0606

*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com