[Aphio-L] Sorry the minutes are so long! Prizes for reading :)
APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:01:32 EDT 2011
· International student conversation
· Hang out for an hour a week
· Fill an application
· Great fun!
· E-mail info b.c. speaker is not here
· Starting this week
· Come talk to me about anything
· Tuesdays 3-4 (limited schedule for JP)
· Office is in the third floor of Baker
· If this does not work for you please contact me and I can schedule
another time to meet with you
· First round table this week on Wednesday!!!
· Issues being discussed will be:
· Room TBA I will book it tomorrow and send an email out about
· Time will be 8:30pm* Scheduled to change due to booking
· All are welcome!
· Trouble figuring out
· Service to the fraternity
· You need 5!
o If you don’t get 5, you’re put on probation…
· Talk to your committee head!
· Opportunity =includes chapters this quarter, you can make *one*up!
o Attend one of JP’s office hours
o Tuesdays 3-4pm
o Come to a round table discussion
o Times and place TBA
o Attend an exec meeting
o Monday nights, 9:30, Walter 235
Grades! SEND THEM
Why I relay – Michael Gerbus
33 DAYS LEFT
· Keep fundraising!!
· SIGN ON WEBSITE
· If you have raised over 100 dollars let us know what you would
like to appear on the back of the shirt “Family Name”
Chip n dales
· THANK YOU to Garrett Wimberly for volunteering!
· We need 4-5 more people to sign up!!
· You will receive service hours and have so much fun!
· Creative? Get a Relay hour for making a design for us! Email it to
the Relay account
Put shirt size on paper being passed
o Need before WEDNESDAY
· Next chapter sit in families.
· Bring ALL your spare change
· Family who raises the most money will get free pizza at Relay!!!
(Maybe top 2 families)
· Relay is the mandatory event for spring
1. You must get* two* relay hours
(Baker tabling, moms weekend sales, weekend hot dog sales, etc.)
o Lots of tabling
2. Lots of hours offered the night of relay, come support our team.
3. You do not have to tell us you can't come.
Day of is the best part
*****Don’t e-mail if cannot come******
SIGN UP ON WEBSITE
· 2 different teams= 2 different email addresses
· Address Mistake on the Letters we sent out last week:
1. Have them send the donations to your dorm or apartment
2. Donate online
3. Send Letters to:
110 N Congress St Apt 3
· New Opportunities! Woo!
· Clean Athens Now
§ Pick up litter on Athens streets with fellow OU students
- Random days, mostly on weekends. Look out for it on the website!
- Search "Clean Athens Now" on Facebook to join the group
· Undergarments for the Underprivileged
- Work with OU Fashion Associates to recycle *gently used* bras to give
to women who can’t afford them
- 2 bras = 1 service hour
- Donate UNTIL moms weekend
- Kayli send e-mail
Hats for Heads is back!
· Making hats for oncology patients at O'Bleness Hospital
· Wednesdays, 7-9 PM at Maggie K. Davis Room (past the food court)
Ray of Hope Donations
· In serious need of donations for people around Athens County
· List of possible donation items on the Website
· Due by Friday, the 15th
· MS Walk
o 10 AM at Athens Community Center
o Sign Up going around for anyone interested in participating in the walk
o 2 maybe 3 hrs email to follow
· Athens Beautification Day
o Meet by 10: 30 am at Scripps Amphitheater
- 3. 5 Service Hours
· Athens Club Figure Skating Show
o 7:30-9:30 PM at Bird Ice Arena
o MUST go to training on the Friday 15th from 6-8
o Different jobs listed on Website
· Etiquette at All Service Events
· Be courteous!
· No cell phones, swearing, gossiping, bad attitudes. You're doing
· Remember you're representing all of Aphio and yourself
· We hear about it. Bum Bum Bumm.
· Limit of 4 Donation Hours of the 9 hours you choose (aka NOT
including Fundraising & Relay)
· Limit of 4 Outside Hours
· Paper Sign ins for EVERY service event, even Quarterly Service
· PREFERABLY paper sign ins
· Turn them in to us at Chapter
· Kids Fest April 30th, Shifts are 9:30am-12 and 12-2:30pm You
*CAN*bring you Mom since its Mom's Weekend
· Sign-up on the site* TONIGHT*! This will close at *Noon *
on Monday.* *
o Say if you will bring your mom*
· We need 30-40 people to help out with this event and who doesn't
want to do service with their Mom!
MOMS LIKE TO DO SERVICE!
A Few other Events For Sure Happening This Quarter:
· Health and Wellness Festivals at Elementary Schools (Early-Mid
· West Elementary Carnival (May 20th idk # of volunteers yet)
o Volunteering at the Cinderella Prom event
o E-mail with number of volunteers
o Waiting for email back on shifts but would be during Saturday morning
and afternoon and Sunday afternoon
o Greet help in dressing rooms
o Will send out an email when know more
o -IF YOU HAVE STAMPS TO DONATE: put your name on the booklet and either
give to Alyssa or put in boxtop bag!!
· Weekend Backpack Program
· Look into starting an After School Tutoring Program at Middle
School or High School (Quarterly Commitment)
· Getting involved with Scouting(Both Boy and Girls Scouts)
· Update on APhiO sunglasses
· Yellow =glasses in blue writing
· About $5
· Upcoming events:
o Car wash on E. State (if this Ohio weather stops being so bi-polar) end
o Sunday High Fest House Clean-Up
§ Any bros live in high? $10 for an hr to clean your house after the
§ Hr for donating cleaning products
o Pairing with relay half to relay half to fundraising
· Thanks so much to the people who worked the Freeze Pop sale!!!
· Of the week:
o *Wing Night at BW3*
o Thursday, April 14
· um Tum Pa REDBULL EVENT
o Youtube vid Redbull tun tun pa
o freestyle drumming contest with SCHOOL SUPPLIES
o need teams! Atleast 1 no more than 4
o 60 sec of any cover
o Second round is original song
o Want Leighas job?
o Come see her at top end of chapter
3rd= $100 uptown
2nd= any live nation concert
1st= VIP passes & tickets to
*Chance to win trip to
Rio de Janero
o Tuesday, April 12
o 8-10 pm
o Morton 235
o Show up = 1 hr
o Indoor Soccer
o Monday, April 11
o Game time is 5:30pm
o Be sure to arrive by 5:15pm with your student ID
o Can wear pants and shorts with pockets in them now!
o No Jewelry!
o Must sign up on imleagues.com and join our team by 2pm on Monday
o Ping Center, Area A
o Go Flying Eaglers!
* Color Wars*
· *TSHIRTS OR JERSEYS *
o Jerseys voted YES
o Name and size on sign in
o Final price e-mail next week
· Sunday, May 1
· Assigned team april 24 online
· Need to know how many coming!
· McCracken Field
· Be sure to sign up by April 24
· Necklaces= YOURE IT
· Tag people in the chapter around campus
o No tag backs
o NO PASS BACKS AT WORK
o If you’re it YOU HAVE TO WEAR IT
o You CAN run away J
o Have to put it on them
o No disrupting classes
o Not during chapter
o 8am Mon – 3pm Friday MUST WEAR NECKLACE ON NECK
o NO DRINKING WITH NECKLACE
o 3 necklaces 3 at one time
o *Follows all Risk Management rules and is to be treated as any other
APhiO clothing item (i.e. do not wear or tag at parties)*
o YOU’RE IT :
§ *STACY EDWARDS *
§ *KEVIN NICHOLAS*
§ *CLEOOOO STOOL*
· Email ombudsmen by Friday, April 15th
· 2 from each family REALLY important
· New actives can be them
· 3 chapters each, 3 events planned total
· This is really, REALLY important guys! It's a great way to get
more involved, develop leadership skills, and get the chapter more
· This is open to *everyone*, not just older actives!
o JK need to figure new time bc. Round table
o Wednesday, April 13th
o 8:30 pm
o Bentley 306
o We will be emailing the subcommittee heads with contact information
o Sunday, May 22
o Time to be determined but probably in the early afternoon.
o We will have more details at next chapter after we talk to our
committee this week!
· Reminder, if you can't afford to pay dues this quarter, there is
· Just send us an email from your personal email address and we will
send you an easy-to-fill-out financial aid form
· The entire process is anonymous
· Dues go up next week
· If your denied, don’t wait, dues go up next week
Anonymous.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Reminder: we cannot respond to anything sent anonymous
· b***h box tonight
· Frustrations? Want change?
· CONSRTUCTIVE criticism
· Take pictures at service events!
· Cant’t be everywhere all the time!
· Help a bro out!
· So if you're going to any service or event, just bring your
· Upload them to Facebook and let me know that they're there or just
email them straight to me. There will be incentives!
· Happy birthday to :
o Dan Rice = April 9 !
o Rachael Hocevar = April 9 !
o Eva Raymond = April 11!
o Lisa Dean (she owns Jimmy Dean’s sausage) = April 11 !
o Kelsi Burkhart = April 12 ! (our own awards chair J )
o Carly Wiita = April 13 !
o Kaitlin Striker = April 14 !
o Jennifer Barstow = April 14 !
-leigha will be in back
-let her know teams
-sectional gas money needed
-diverse concert, know people? May 12 or May 4
-TAG starts tom!
-have any b***h? Send e-mail to ombudsmen
-put put fundraiser
-teams of 5 $10 per person 6-10 on Friday
-Saturday, 5cacia SUPPORT they supported us
-relay t-shirts, pass around next chapter
Remember so you can sign it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG FOR RELAY!
1. What time is tag played during the week?
2. Name 3 service events going on during April 16.
3. When is the first round table? What time?
4. *Sign up for relay on the website :)*
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma
secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<http://secretary%2Eaphiodeltagamma@gmail.com/740.517.0606>
*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Fellowship:* fellowship.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Fundraising:* fundraising.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Historian:* historian.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
interchapter.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com<Interchapterrelations.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com>
*J-Board:* jboard.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Membership:* membership.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Ombudsmen:* ombudsmen.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*President:* president.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Public Relations: *pr.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Relay for Life: *relay4life.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Rush:* rush.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Service:* service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Treasurer:* treasurer.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Youth Service: *youthservice.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Aphio-L