[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 10/24: “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.” ~Jesse Jackson

APhiO Secretary aphiosecretary at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 02:41:19 EDT 2010

Ohio University
Alpha Phi Omega
Delta Gamma
Morton 201
October 24, 2010
8:00 pm

----------------------------------------Chapter
Minutes---------------------------------
Welcome!:
President: hopkins.laurac at gmail.com

   - Risk Management Workshop: January 30th in Baker Ballroom B @
Noon(Chapter to follow)

   - Sessions: Breaking Stereotypes, Alcohol, Social Network Safety,
      Liability, APO Spark (pending)

Service: service.aphio at gmail.com (Kris: 440.476.2005; Gaby: 207.837.0546)

   - UPC Thanksgiving Collections to help Tornado victims!
      - Items to be collected: food supplies, hygiene products, school
      supplies
      - Start Date: Oct. 26, 2010 until Nov. 9, 2010
   - Just a reminder:
      - Two of your mandatory service week hours count towards your total of
      12
      - Maximum of 4 hours from Service Week
   - Make sure to sign only your name at sign-ins at service events!
   - Habitat for Humanity: 5k Run for Cover- Nov 7, 2010 @ Noon
      - Tabling sign-ups are online
         - Pay attention to location: 1st/4th floor of baker or College Gate

   - Faculty Pageant:  (Eric Horton: 740.243.5267; Grace LeVally
   614.432.1100; Chris Brantley 513.884.0540)

   - Wednesday March 9, 2011 @ 7 pm in Baker Ballroom
      - Why do we care about this NOW?! Keep reading!
      - GOALS:
         - Get instructor from every college! That’s where you come in.
         - If you have any professor that you think may participate please
         take a professor sign up sheet
         - Talk up the event to the prospective prof/grad students –don’t
         just hand the flyer over

   - Service Week:  serviceweek.aphio at gmail.com (Dani: 330.417.1817; Anna:
   330.524.1887)
      - Service Week FUNdraising!
         - Smoothie Making! (will need donations )

   - Tuesday Nov 2nd 12-3 pm
         - Roughly 3-5 people each shift b/w collecting money, biking, and
         making actual smoothies!  Location TBA
      - Thursday Nov. 4th from 12 – 1 in Walter 145: Learn how to be a
   sustainable bro! (with me, Jill) = worth 1 service hr; workshop + service
   activity + snacks from local businesses!
   - Come make recycled notebooks!  Will be donated to a local elementary
   school!
      - Location TBA
      - Bring paper of any kind, and cardboard (Front and back) to make 2
      notebooks (cereal boxes, food packaging)
      - No beer boxes please – unless you bring it already covered!
   - Plastic Bag collecting project will include exchanging CFLs!
      - Signs up online
   - Also keep a look out on website for donation sign ups!  Everything will
   be up on the website week!
   - Habitat for Humanity 5k and Good Earth Farms Weekly – will all count as
   service week hours as well!
   - Get excited for Service Week 2010!!!!

   - Youth Service: aphioyouthservice at gmail.com (Alyssa 440.478.2884; Nate
   440.376.6244)

   - West Elem. Haunted House = Huge Success!
         - Thank you to all of the bros who volunteered!!  Because of our
         showing, we will be doing even more work with West Elementary
in the future!
      - BBBS Halloween Party – show up ~5 minutes early to help set-up!
      - BOX TOPS AND COATS!

Rush:

   - Sunday October 31st – 7:00 pm in Morton 201 - not mandatory but
   encouraged to attend!

Membership: ouaphiomembership at gmail.com (Leigha 614.507.7959; JP
440.666.8167)

   - Signature Parties:
      - Wednesday 6-9 pm in Walter 135
      - Sunday 12 – 3 pm in Walter 235
      - Also actives – please be available and willing to give out your
      signature, you have been a pledge before and they have a lot to get!
      - Thanksgiving Dinner its on 4th of Nov. @ UMC at 6:30 pm
         - Family heads:
            - Please send out reminder emails of what your family is
            bringing and how you are going to prepare it!!
            - Please bring food on Nov. 4th by 6 pm!
            - If making casserole-type dishes - make sure to
         - Thanks to Laura’s Dad for donating 4 turkeys!
   - History Night: Sunday the 7th of November @ 5:00 pm in this room,
   Morton 201
      - Pledges – Business Casual
      - Actives – Where what you want!
   - Pledge Service Project
      - Actives please help spread the word!
         - It is benefiting Athens High School!
      - Flag football tournament: Sat. November 6th @ the Intramural Fields
         - 6 person team, allowed a max of two subs!
         - The cost is $10 if you are signing up alone, or $50 if you sign
         up with a team!
         - Actives you will get 1 hr for registering to play and 1 hr for
         going!
         - Round robin style
      - Also actives if you know how to referee let us know!!
         - Family teams!  Teams
         - AHS football players
         - Know people to be referees!  There will be service hrs for
         refereeing!
      - Sign-up times
      - Hours with littles!
         - Bigs just a reminder you need an hour with your little doing
         service!
         - Also families please plant events for your littles!!
         - Email fellowship account! –- They will then set it up on the
         website….
      - Family head survey:
         - Family 1: Cory Harrington, Megan Roberts!
         - Family 2: Noelle Dobrowski
         - Family 3: Jackie Walsh, Heather Harmasek
         - Family 4: Eric Horton
         - Family 5: Christina Kloha
         - Family 6: Jan-Marie Ruminski, Diego Paulett
         - Family 7: Michael Gerbus, Brittany Caronchi
         - Family 8: Leigha Kristoff
         - Family 9: Mama Nay (Renee Lewis), John Bambrick
         - Family 10: Bryn Keck, Stephanie Bricklebank

Fellowship: ouaphiofellowship at gmail.com (Jayna: 216.956.8649; Monica:
513.227.2330)

   - Fellowship of the Week:
      - Plan something with your families!!  Way to go Family 9 and Family
      4!
      - Still need sign ins from bdubs
      - Family sign-ins to Fellowship girls before Membership Chairs
   - Monday: Ghost in the Graveyard on College Green @ 8 pm!!
   - Tuesday: Paranormal Activity @ Athena Grand!
      - 7:20 or 10:05 (sign up and say if you can drive)
   - Wednesday: Learn the Michael Jackson thriller dance!
      - Reminder to sign up under Fellowship Events on the website!
      - Sign up for Thanksgiving Dinner on website BUT it doesn't count for
      anything (website sign ups are just to keep track of numbers)

Interchapter Relations: interchapterrelations.aphio at gmail.com

 NATIONALS:
-Hot Dog/S’more sale!  (Have plenty of hot dogs -> need buns!)
-Friday October 29th: 10 pm – 2 am

   - Drawing for a free Convention hotel room!
      - From the first 1000 people registered, they will have a random
      drawing for a free 5 night hotel stay during the convention
      - Only actives are eligible
   - Send a Brother to Nationals Program
      - http://apoonline.org/community/
      - You must write a 500 word (maximum) letter explaining why you are
      the best candidate for this program
      - Submit your letter, full name, contact phone number, national APO
      membership number (if you know it), and the name of your current
chapter via
      email to tony at apoonline.org by 11:59 PM on November 5th with the
      subject Send a Brother to Nationals Program Application
      - Optionally you may send in a maximum of 1 letter of recommendation
      from a chapter advisor or community leader.

   - (Still have to pay for hotel but registration fee will be covered)
   - Pop tab competition still happening!!

Awards:

   - Birthdays
      - Happy Can
      - Supportive Bro
      - *Announcements:*

   - Renee Lewis  says to “PAY DUES!!” She isn’t afraid to deactivate!
   - JP -Wheat craisin muffins up for grabs!
   - GKTW $$$
   - 5 vs 5 bball tourney - Hoops for Hope: $20 a team!
   - Flyering and chalking hours for everyone; Tabling only for pledges (in
   regards to flag football tournament)
   - JP – no more wheat muffins!
   - Anyone who wants a hug – go see Buddha!
   - Don’t talk during chapter!!
      - If you are on the list, you won’t be given credit for being at
      chapter!
   - Check out LFC’s Rocky Horror Pic Show this Wed.
   - Family 2 fellowship – look for email!!
   - Family 6: 1) Invite pledges to family 6 fb group, 2) Wed. @ 8 @ Betsy’s
   House: Bring games and Halloween movies!

Adjourn
Toast Song

Secretary
Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity

(740) 517-0606
aphiosecretary at gmail.com
jc262306 at ohio.edu

*Click on link to view our service map: APO Service
Map<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12>
*

*To email Ombudsmen anonymously:*

Login to: *talktoombudsman.aphio at gmail.com*