[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 10/3: Listen to "Ridin' Solo" while reading the minutes! <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ESdn0MuJWQ&ob=av2e> Good luck with WEEK 5! LFS, Jill

APhiO Secretary aphiosecretary at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 01:26:19 EDT 2010

Ohio University
Alpha Phi Omega
Delta Gamma
Morton 201
October 3, 2010
8:00 pm

----------------------------------------------Chapter
Minutes------------------------------------------------

   - Welcome!:
      - Speaker-Walk a Mile in Her Shoes:
         - Intl men’s march to prevent rape, sexual assault, and gender
         violence
         - Date: Sunday *October 10*, 2010
            - Check-in: 12 - 12:30 pm; march starts shortly after 12:30 pm
         - Register to walk at the bottom of Baker from 11-2: Mon-Wed
         - Discussion Panel: *October 5th* at 7:15 in the friends of the
         library room
         - Brown Bag Lunch on *October 7th* at 12:00 pm in Women’s Center
         - Females are also able to volunteer by helping with coordination
         and logistics on the day of the walk
      - President:
      - As a chapter from this point on - all events will be dry.
       Refocusing our attention on our objectives as a organization in
the local
      area, region, and nation.  Reflecting on the positive impact we
have doing
      service!
      - Contact President Laura (<hopkins.laurac at gmail.com>, (440.223.8382)
      or Ombudsmen Angela (937.545.5043) and JD (937.902.6499) <
      ombudsmen.aphio at gmail.com> with concerns or questions about this
      decision
   - Treasurer update:   aphiotreasurer at gmail.com ( 440.728.1562)
      - Fall 2010 Active Finances: Total Expected Revenue: $6200 - Total
      Expected Expenses = -$2517; Fall 2010 Pledge Finances: TER: $10,500 - TEE
      $9500 = +$1000
      - End of Spring Qtr Balance: $7626.26
      - Expected End of Fall Qtr Balance: $6109.62
   - J-board: jboard.aphio at gmail.com
   - Service: service.aphio at gmail.com (Kris: 440.476.2005; Gaby:
   207.837.0546)
      - 5k Run to Empower!  1 hr for registering, 1 hr for participating
         - Sat. October 9: 12 PM at Ping  - You can bike it this year!
      - UMC Rummage Sale!
         - Monday October 4th Set Up from 1-2 (6-7 ppl)
         - Take down on Wednesday October 6th: 3:45 - 5 (6 ppl)
         - Please remember to sign up for Monday lunch!!
      - WOUB Pledge Drive
         - Pledge drive continues all next week!
      - Walk for Tornado Relief @ Community Center (Saturday)
      - Remember Sign-ins!
   - Service Week:
      - Committee Meeting: Look for email!
   - Youth Service: aphioyouthservice at gmail.com (Alyssa 440.478.2884; Nate
   440.376.6244)
      - Boxtops!!
         - Maximum of 1 hr - with 10 boxtops = 1 hr
      - Coat Drive
         - 1 coat = 1 hr; 1 handmade knit scarf = 2 hrs - Sign up on
         website!
         - Bring to chapter and drop off in container
         - Remember only 4 of 12 hours can be donations
      - Secretary: aphiosecretary at gmail.com (Jill 740.517.0606)
      - Our own OU APO Service Map!  Check out link at bottom of every email
      from secretary account; all feedback welcome!
      - Congrats to Chapter Minutes Contest!
   - Fundraising: fundraising.aphio at gmail.com
      - Special thanks to people who stood in the rain and sold hot dogs!!
      - Friday Puppy chow sale 10-4 @ Baker; Friday Hot Dog Sale 10 pm - 2
      am @ Courthouse
      - Committee meeting - Monday October 4, 9 pm @ Front Room
   - Rush: rushaphio1 at gmail.com
   - Historian: historian.aphio at gmail.com (Lauren 440.488.8888)
      - Post only appropriate pictures
      - Please do not name albums “Big/Little Night” or “APhio”
      - Same with status updates. Be creative!! i.e. 80s night
      - We are always representing APhiO and we need to be aware of what
      image we are creating
   - Membership: ouaphiomembership at gmail.com (Leigha 614.507.7959; JP
   440.666.8167)
      - Pledge Retreat! Next weekend - October 10th: 12-4 @ South Pole
      (family heads must attend, other actives encouraged to attend!)
      - Hours!  Don’t forget about fulfilling your hours with your little!!
   - Fellowship: ouaphiofellowship at gmail.com
      - Broomball at midnight every Sunday; bring your ID and your A game!
      Wear tennis shoes and no pockets
      - Fellowship of the Week: Let’s take a stroll through the Ridges!
         - Night walk Tuesday
         - Meet in Morton parking lot at 7:15
         - Sign up on the website and say if you can drive!
      - Homecoming!  MOUSETRAP
         - Float building will begin in one week!
         - Breakfast will be provided the morning of homecoming for those
         brothers wanting to walk in parade
            - @ 153 Mill St.
         - Ombudsmen: ombudsmen.aphio at gmail.com
   - Interchapter Relations: interchapterrelations.aphio at gmail.com
      - NATIONALS!!  DECEMBER 27-30, 2010 ATLANTA, GEORGIA
      - Typical day....
         - 9 am-Noon: Bfast with your bros/actual fitness workshops;
         Workshops (how to find lost alumni, fun in the 4 fields of
service, how to
         be an effective big, navigating graduate school, APO on your
resume; public
         speaking; Ice breakers)
         - Noon-1 pm: Lunch in the city!
            - Great places to eat right by the hotel
         - 1 pm-5 pm: More workshops (life after diploma, careers in
         service; dealing with difficult brothers; service swap meet;
massage; stress
         and time management); regional meeting, speed fellowship
         - 5 pm - 1 am: Dinner, explore Hotlanta, Social Events (Fellowship
         Banquet, Big Band Dance), Hang out with bros from other chapters
         - Service Events all day: Blood drive, sandwich making (donated to
         local shelters)
         - We are Region 5! We will have our own can tabs competition to put
         towards the competition at Nationals: A FAMILY COMPETITION
            - Whichever family collects the most can tabs (by weight per
            capita) will get pizza at the last chapter of the year!
         - Awards:
      - Happy Birthday to Kristen Perry and Jackie Walsh
      - Register to vote!
      - Supportive Bro to JP and Leigha for working hard as Membership
      Chairs!
      - Will be starting supportive panties for pledges
      - Happy Can
      - Announcements
   - Adjourn
   - Toast Song

Secretary
Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity

(740) 517-0606
aphiosecretary at gmail.com
jc262306 at ohio.edu

*Click on link to view our service map: APO Service
Map<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12>
*

*To email Ombudsmen anonymously:*

Login to: *talktoombudsman.aphio at gmail.com*