[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes May 9, 2010: "Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."- Chinese Proverb
aphiosecretary at gmail.com
Mon May 10 11:24:38 EDT 2010
Alpha Phi Omega
Chapter – Delta Gamma
May 9, 2010 8:00 pm
Extra important contents:
· 11 days ‘til Relay! Fundraise fundraise fundraise! Post your
facebook status as* Relay for Life Red Brick Fundraiser! Tuesday 5-9 pm*
· New service opps! Check them out!
· Get your MIA service sign-ins turned in by Friday!
o *Monday Lunch (4/12, 4/26), Passionworks Studio Volunteers (4/22),
Kennedy Gallery Guard (4/23, 4/30), Relay Bake Sale (4/27, 4/28), Relay Bake
Sale Donations (4/27, 4/28) ***
· Fun summer service opportunity with local 2-week long special needs
· Sign up for fun week 7 *fellowship* and *fundraising* events
including chick flick movie night and hot dog sales!
· $$ Pay dues to Patty R. if you haven’t yet $$
*RELAY FOR LIFE: aphiorelay4life at gmail.com*
- Why I Relay
- Where does the $ go?
- Transporting patients to and from treatment
- Cancer research
- Lodging for patients while undergoing treatment
- Counseling Services
- Clothing sale cancelled due to rain ….so we need more fundraising
- Umbrella shuttle to and from baker for donation
- Car wash at Donato’s: 10 am – 4 pm on Friday before Relay
- University wide auction
- Put Red Brick Fundraiser in your facebook status
- Sign up to sell Relay luminaries!
*SERVICE: service.aphio at gmail.com*
- Help Beyond Bars
- New organization – help young adults being tried as adults in
criminal cases – going to be tabling in Baker – need our help!
- Sign up on the website
- Tuesday May 11th 2pm – 5 pm
- Ronald McDonald House
- Need food donations for this Sunday! Sign up to bring turkey, bread,
- Chair Volleyball Tourney
- Athens Community Center
- Free t-shirt
- 8:40 am – noon
- Gonna be here this summer?
- Awesome service opp – 2 week long special needs camp @ Beacon School
- Will count as 4 outside hours for Fall quarter
- EMAIL nkantake at autismseohio.org to sign up to interview
- Service VIPs! - 150 hours of service total
- Do not make your own hours – email the service chairs if you are
going to be late, leave early, etc.
- 4 hours max @ Relay
- 83 actives with 2 or fewer hours – get out and do service!
- Turn in sign-ins! If missing sign-ins are not turned in by Friday –
hours will be docked
- Missing sign-ins:
- *Monday Lunch (4/12, 4/26), Passionworks Studio Volunteers (4/22),
Kennedy Gallery Guard (4/23, 4/30), Relay Bake Sale (4/27,
4/28), Relay Bake
Sale Donations (4/27, 4/28) *
- Elections today:
- Congratulations to Nate and Alyssa! Good luck as the new youth
service committee heads!
*FUNdraising: fundraising.aphio at gmail.com*
- Congrats to Jax Garry for being a FUNdraising VIP!
- Sign up for hot dog sales/puppy chow donations
- Reminder: Membership cookout this Sunday at 2 pm @ Strouds Run (1:45 pm
meet at Morton if you need a ride!)– chapter follows at 4 pm
- Still need cornhole sets
- Quicklight charcoal – email Leigha! ouaphiomembership at gmail.com
- Membership Clinic: May 18th 7-9:30 pm; 100+ people is the goal – APO
Spark, history of APO
- Talk to them – they want to listen!
- Decided no office hours – facebook them/text/call them to find a time
to meet with them!
*Ombudsmen.aphio at gmail.com*
*(937) 545-5043 *
*as309406 at ohio.edu*
*jb142008 at ohio.edu*
- Need APO stuff printed? – Ask for copy code!
- Remember to help out our Service chairs with sign-ins
- Hotlanta – Nationals! – Ways to fundraise
*FELLOWSHIP: ouaphiofellowship at gmail.com*
- Fellowship of the week! Girls watching *Now & Then* (boys free to
join) @ Walter Hall 7- 9 pm Tuesday and then manly Frisbee/football
outside of Walter in the grassy area
- Come support bro Anna Schottenstein in the Acapella Invitational -
FREE! Saturday @ Mem Aud 7:30 – 8:30 pm
- Thanks from Alax’s School
- Pay dues to Patty!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Aphio-L