[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes May 2, 2010: "You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth." - Shira Tehrani
aphiosecretary at gmail.com
Mon May 3 00:21:45 EDT 2010
Alpha Phi Omega
Chapter – Delta Gamma
May 2, 2010 8:00 pm
- Welcome! Sit with same colored shirts! Meet someone new.
- *Position of Youth Service:*
- Perspectives from youth service chairs
§ Replace “execs” with committee heads – still elected by chapter
§ Serve year term: Fall – Spring
§ Majority of chapter agrees to change from execs to committee heads
· Interested in being youth service committee head next year?
· Contact aphioyouthservice at gmail.com**
§ Palmer Fest Hot Dog Sale At Leigha’s House – get excited!
§ 2 Palmer Street – you know the house with the pretty wrap-around
porch? yea… *not* that one.
§ FUNdraising Reminders:
· Sign the sign-in
· Contact them first – if you want to change shifts, can’t show up, see
an opening – but website is closed, etc.
· fundraising.aphio at gmail.com
- *Relay For Life:*
- *Why I relay? Gina Mussio…*
- *Round of applause for the wonderful volunteers!!*
- *Thank you to the Chippendales! Made over $500!!!*
- *Serious business:*
*§ Less than half way there to goal……*
*§ Come support fundraising events!*
*§ Some still haven’t signed up! Remember to do this!*
*§ Questions, concerns, comments! aphiorelay4life at gmail.com*
- Beautification Day – MOVED TO NEXT SUNDAY!
- Extra help requested for Monday Lunch!
- WOUB pledge drive
- *5k for Good Works:*
- Thank Yous
- Help out thanking all of those that helped/donated for the 5k for
Good Works! (made over $7,000!)
- *Youth Service Idea:*
- Bryn – student teacher – her experiences working in elementary
- What’s in her backpack?
§ Scissors, glue, notebook, crayons, books, pencils, calculators,
§ *Doesn’t have lunch in her backpack…*
§ Breakfast/lunch programs at elementary schools
· Need healthy foods for mental and physical health
· Childhood food problems:
§ Nearly 17 million children are food insecure
· What is being done? Food banks, nutritional programs, etc.
· 1 in 5 children do not know where their next meal is coming from
· What food is cheap? What can these families buy?
§ How are children being affected?
· Johnny’s Story
§ Video clips:
· Ending Childhood Hunger – Witnesses to hunger….
§ Food backpack program: PB&J, dried milk, canned fruit/vegetables
§ Where can we go next?
· Winter breaks/snow days
· More schools, more families, more food
· Books in backpacks
· Partnering with CFI – Community Food Initiatives
· Nutrition/Summer Programs
§ Contact Bryn! bk604906 at ohio.edu
- Exec board update:
§ Jill is working on a service map – map of all service opps including
directions, pictures, and videos
§ J-board is investigating a reorganization to reduce the size of exec
§ Discuss Buddha – who he is and what his role is in the fraternity?
· Official advisor – however, he is also a brother
· Getting his Master’s Degree here at OU
· Advisor role goes away at socials
· Just wants to be friends – he is here for us; things needed to be
said, but not in the way that he delivered it
§ Understand Buddha’s position in advisor role – he wants to protect
our chapter charter
§ Contact them with questions ombudsmen.aphio at gmail.com
- Look for email about intramurals… Ping has ceiling problem due to
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!!
§ 7-9 pm - Wednesday May 5th South Beach or McCracken– there’s going
to be a piñata!!
§ Food, games, brotherhood
- Tie-dye shirts!
§ $5 by Wednesday
- *Interchapter Relations:*
- Fundraising opportunities: $$$ for GOING TO NATIONALS!
§ Service Auction (silent auction)
· Donate something and get a fundraising hour
· Starts at 7:30 pm Sunday May 8th
· Grilled cheese/hot dog sale
o May 15th – Mill Fest
- “Bro hard or go home”
§ 3-quarter length shirt - $12; currently gold and blue – may change…
§ Email/text Sarah t-shirt size rushaphio1 at gmail.com
§ Pre-paying will be a *requirement*
- Membership Cookout:
§ May 16th at 2 pm
· 1:45 – if you need a ride – meet @ Morton
§ Chapter will be at 4ish at Strouds Run
§ Family heads – email Leigha about cookout food
§ Need charcoal donations – quick light only please
§ Cornhole sets? Hillbilly golf? Frisbees? Let them know!
- Membership Clinic
§ May 18th 7-9:30 pm – Walter 135
§ APO Spark and Fun and Insightful
§ Quiz question every week about fun membership info…
§ What are the four goals of APhiO?
- Contact ouaphiomembership at gmail.com
- Happy Can
- Facebook Jax - Active that went on sabbatical…. She wants to get to
know all the new actives!
§ Midnight Showing of Iron 2 – Thursday – let her know if you want to
- Message from Treasurer -*don’t forget dues*
- Supportive Bro to Meghan Tinker – Top fundraiser for Relay! Great job!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Aphio-L