[Aphio-L] More info about freshman move-in

Aphio Rush rushaphio1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 22:53:26 EDT 2010

Hey guys,
A lot of people have been asking me the same questions about freshman
move-in, so I'm just gonna send out this e-mail...sorry if you're not
interested!! (though you should be, its gonna be awesome AND you get a free
shirt...)

You DO get service hours for this project---you'll get up to 4, which is
equal to one shift.  However, if you're available and willing to help with
more than one and still only get our allotted 4 service hours (to go towards
fall quarter), that'd be awesome.  Here are some other answers to questions
from the organizer of all of Freshman Move-In:

- Your team will be assigned a residence hall (or more if your organization
is large; or, if you have a small organization, you will be paired-up with
another small organization for the hall(s) you are assigned) for both days.
Then, your team members will have the chance to sign-up for the individual
shifts they would like to work at your assigned residence hall(s) during the
September 1st meeting that everyone is required to attend.

- The shifts for both Thursday and Friday are: 9am-noon, noon-3pm and
3pm-7pm. If your team members are willing to work at least one of those
shifts for either day, then that is all they need to have on the form. There
is no need to worry about the specific times they are available because
they'll just need to make sure to account for that when they sign-up for
move-in shifts.

- We would prefer that anyone that has a conflict does NOT leave halfway
through their shift. They would need to be able to commit to the entire 3 or
4 hour time block if they are going to sign-up for it, and hopefully this
shouldn't interfere with too many work schedules, since there are three
shifts to choose from each day.

Hope this helps!  Again, if you're interested in helping, there's a
mandatory meeting on September 1st, and the two move-in days are the 2nd and
3rd.  I need your PID, e-mail, phone number, and t-shirt size!

Sarah Clouse
--

Alpha Phi Omega
Rush and Recruitment Chair