[Aphio-L] NOLA!!!!!!

Gedeon, Britney bg326106 at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 16 15:19:20 EST 2009

Hey friends!!

Still looking for something fun to do over winter break?? If your answer is yes (and it should be unless your going to GKTW) then you should think about joining some of your bros in good ol' New Orleans!!

Here's the details: We'll meet Nov. 28 in some central location in Ohio (probably Cincinnati or Columbus, depending on where everyone is coming from) and then carpool down to New Orleans from there. We'll arrive in NOLA Sunday morning, Nov. 29.

We're staying at Gethsemane Lutheran ($15 a night x 6 nights = $90, sixty bucks cheaper than when we stayed at Camp Hope last year!). They have a full kitchen we can use so we'll stop at Breaux Mart when we get there and pick up some foodies.

We're working with the St. Bernard Project again, so we'll be helping rebuilding some homes destroyed by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005 (can you believe it?? Four years later and people still haven't been able to move back into their homes!). If you want more info about SBP check out their website: http://www.stbernardproject.org/
We'll also be working with the people helping to build the new Camp Hope. Camp Hope was a great home to all of us before, so I'm pumped about being able to help them out there!

We'll leave for Ohio on Dec. 5 and get back early on Dec. 6. Gas should only cost each person about $50 but if you let us take your car, you don't have to pay for gas! We'll also hit up Bourbon Street a night or two and definitely go out to eat a few times, so you'll need some extra spending cash for that, but basically the trip is only $140!

Sound exciting?? What to come?? Let me know by this Friday so I can put you down on the list! Email me at bg326106 at ohio.edu or call me at 440-463-8624.

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope to see you all down on the bayou!
Britney