[Aphio-L] OPEN SPOTS FOR SERVICE WEEK 2009

Morris, Andrew am311606 at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 2 21:11:43 EST 2009

 Hi all

Here's the deal for the rest of service week:

Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10:00 am to 1:00 pm we will be doing a project at West Elementary called "edible landfill".  It's a lot of fun and teaches the kiddos about waste and recycling and the like.  We will also be doing a little cleanup around the school.  Meet in the parking lot of West at around 9:50.  We could probably use a few more people here.

Wednesday: Same as above, except we'll be at East Elementary.

Wednesday 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm we will be passing out recycling info and doing a light bulb exchange around Athens.  We will give residents an energy-saving light bulb and they will give us a regular one.  Meet on College Green by the monument at 4:45.  The more the merrier!

Wednesday : Metal Cleaning.  Just like the weekly, but this time for Service Week hours.  One spot from 3:00 to 4:00 and two spots 4:00-5:00.

Thursday-- again, lightbulb exchange, same time, same place.  Again, no limit on spots.

Thursday and Friday night: 11:00 pm to 3:00 am.  We will be selling donuts and cider uptown, and maybe throwing in some "no-hands" donut eating contests for fun.  There are pretty much full.  We have one spot Friday 2:00 am to 3:00am... But feel free to stop by to hang out or buy some food if you wanna!
(---Donations: we could probably still use some donations of donuts or cider.  Just a few spots though.)

Saturday: The OU Habitat for Humanity Run for Cover 5K.  We need runners!  11:00 am at Ping. 2 hours for running, $15 includes a teeshirt. Tell your friends!  I will love you forever if you register and bring your friends too.

Additional important info:

  *   We are collecting aluminum cans to sell!  Bring us a nice large bag of cans and get a service week hour.
  *   We are waiting on further info from BBBS on a possible food landfill/Ridges day on Friday afternoon. Stay tuned.
  *   The Sierra Club is doing Mountainfest this week.  You'll get hours for going to events.  Again, stay tuned for more.

All of these spots are on a first-come first-serve basis, except the ones with unlimited spots (lightbulb exchange and 5K). Please let Erica or myself know if you need anything!

--Andrew

Andrew Morris

Alpha Phi Omega, National Service Week chair
Ohio University Habitat for Humanity, 5-K chair