[Aphio-L] Pledge Mandatory Service

Jenna Miller jm158007 at ohio.edu
Sat Feb 28 15:20:05 EST 2009

Hey guys!
So if you were not at the committee meeting, we discussed more service ideas to get hours.

This week and next week people can sign up to volunteer at the Lindley Inn, which is an assisted living
place.  Below are the dates, time, activity, number of service hours, and  the people that signed up for
THIS COMING WEEK and the open spots available for each of those days.
If you would like to sign up for an open spot this week, email Jenna (jm158007 at ohio.edu).
We will send out an email to sign up for NEXT WEEK at the Lindley Inn on Monday.
So the sign ups below are for THIS COMING WEEK.
If you sign-up for a spot, you only have to go that week, not both weeks.
Also, the numbers with a * are drivers.  If you sign-up to be a driver, we will give you a committee
hour.
Each activity is 1 service hour.

We also thought it would be nice to make St. Patrick's Day cards for the residents at Lindley Inn.
5 cards=1 service hour.  Make your own and drop them off to one of the service girls.
If you do not have supplies, you can come to the Bush Hall Lobby on East Green during one of the
following times to make them this week:
Monday 7-9pm
Wednesday 7-9pm
Friday 12-3pm
If you come to the card making parties, you can receive a fellowship hour for that.

One last thing:
Kim is collecting money for Respite, an organization that helps people with Dementia and Alzheimer's
revive their memory.  If you donate $3, you will receive 1 service hour.  Contact Kim at 419-236-1443
or km147607 at ohio.edu.

SO:
1 hour at Lindley Inn = 1 service hour
Driving to LIndley Inn = 1 committee hour
5 cards = 1 service hour
$3 = 1 service hour

HERE ARE THE SIGN-UPS FOR LINDLEY INN:
I will email directions and meeting places for those that sign up.

Monday, March 2nd   -  "Sing-along"
6:00-7:00 pm
1 service hour
*1. Laura Hopkins
*2.
*3.
4. Renee Lewis
5. Dani Garfield
6. Emily Scancarello
7.
8.
9.
10.

Tuesday, March 3rd   -   "BINGO"
6:30-7:30 pm
1 service hour
*1. Samantha McConnell
2. Ben Kline
3.

Wednesday, March 4th   -   "Manicures and Pedicures"
6:00-7:00 pm
1 service hour
*1. Emily Scancarello
2. Zoe Adams
3.

Thursday, March 5
2:00-3:00 pm
1 service hour
*1. Morgan Dominique
2. Maggie Hendershot
3. Erika Bills

AGAIN, there will be a fresh list sent out on Monday for the week of March 9 - 13.

Sorry for the long email!

Service Chairs,
Carly, Kim, Jenna