[Aphio-L] PERTINENT PLEDGE info

Sara Sanders ss291605 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 25 00:14:35 EST 2009

Hellllllo Pledges!!  Here is yet another novel from your lovely pledge masters...

THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 1st, is your PLEDGE RETREAT... wooo hoooo!!!  This will be
taking place in the Baker Ballroom from 6-8.  We will be playing games, having a
few announcements, and administering your FINAL EXAM... remember to study all of
the material you have learned.  I am going to invite all of the actives, but
please please please feel free to personally invite your Big or other special
actives you have met through the pledge process.  This is our last meeting
together.... feel free to take a moment to mourn...  so we are going to make it
really FUN (yes, this will most likely include cookies)!!  This will be an
excellent way for you to bond with new friends and continue to make new ones.
This is a MANDATORY event but if you absolutely, positively, certainly CANNOT
make the pledge retreat for some reason, you MUST contact either Lauryn or
myself.  Dress is casual...  :)

BINDERS ARE DUE THURSDAY, MARCH 12th!!!!!!!  Lauryn and I will be at Perks
coffee house from 5 until they kick us out the door at 9.  If you cannot make it
uptown during that time to drop off your signatures and requirement sheet... you
can call us and we will let you know when we will be at our apartment.  :)

Please let us know if you are having ANY problems completing your requirements.
 We are here to help you get through this process.  We know it can be
frustrating for many reasons but we want to help.  If you are having problems
getting certain people's signatures... contact us and we can bug them till they
bust out that ballpoint pen.  If your Big is not living up to your expectations,
or you cannot seem to get a hold of them to meet your requirements... contact us
and we can personally speak with them or talk to our ombudsmen and work
something out.  Actives are SUPPOSED to be there for you during this time.
Please don't be embarrassed if you have a concern.  Voice it.  It is the only
way we can help you.

History Night is SUNDAY, MARCH 8 from 7-8 with Chapter immediately following.
This event is MANDATORY and BUSINESS CASUAL for PLEDGES.  Actives, you can dress
informally.

Initiation will be in Spring Quarter.  The date for that is April 5th.  Dress is
Business Casual.

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:  You CANNOT round up your hours for service.  If you sign
up for an hour of service, you MUST complete an hour.  If you sign up for two
hours, you MUST complete two.  The only reason committee meetings can round up
is because sometimes the officers of those meetings simply don't have enough
information to divulge at that given time.

Sara Sanders
ss291605 at ohio.edu
(614) 738-4250
67 Stewart Apt. C