[Aphio-L] Watermelon Bust--help me out!

Leigha Kristoff lk491206 at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 20 23:51:28 EDT 2009

Calling all fun female bros who like to have a good time!!!

This saturday, my friends from the fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha, are
holding their annual Watermelon Bust to benefit the South Eastern
Ohio Food Bank. The event is tons of fun, and it includes lots of
getting to know each other and making great friends while doing
fantastic things with watermelons (who doesnt love watermelons?).

So here's the scoop...

Watermelon Bust will be held on Saturday, April 25 at 2:30 p.m. on
the South Green Lawn. Each team will be assigned members of Lambda
Chi Alpha as coaches. The coaches will help the teams prepare for the
events and build team spirit. Team members will be competing in three
general areas: Spirit, Service, and Games.

The spirit phase will consist of each team making banners, a mascot
carved from a watermelon, and having people come and support the team
on “Game Day”.

The service portion consists of raising money for charity. Each team
should submit non-perishable food items for donation. There is no
minimum or maximum amount of food required to compete, but points in
this area are awarded based on the number of pounds raised. Cash
donations are also accepted and converted into pounds of food to add
to the point totals.

The Games portion is the most visible, and fun portion of the event,
as teams compete in a variety of fun games that involve watermelons,
including: relay races, watermelon eating contest, and slip ‘n’
slide. A comprehensive list of rules and events is supplied upon
registration.

Friday, the boys will be dropping off some watermelons for me and i
think it would be super awesome and sweet if we could get at least
one or two teams together if not more!!! We can get together and make
shirts and have fun and most importantly hang out with me and listen
to the most awesome music you will have ever heard in your whole life :)

and we get free tee shirts too!!! the entry fee is 100 dollars per
team (thats 10 per girl). its gonna be super fun and i want us to
help out!!! so get a hold of me asap so we can all help out and feed
the needy in SE ohio!!!

bryn keck is going to be doing this with me and she said she would
put a sign up on the website! so go sign up and email me/text me(614
507 7959) or stop by (bromley 320)

sorry this is so long!!!!! heres the facebook event link too: http://
www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=63509781585&ref=ts

Leigha Kristoff