[Advert-L] Ad Club this Wednesday!

Lasko, Emily el261708 at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 21 14:25:55 EDT 2010

Hey Ad Club!

What's up everyone?? I hope you are all getting nice and settled into this lovely fall quarter.  I also hope that you are all excited for our next Ad Club meeting because it will be TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY at 6 p.m. in Scripps 111. This week we will be holding our annual Ad101.  This is a crash course of everything you need to know about the advertising industry.  This is a great chance to get a feel for what this industry is about and where you may fit into it.

Ad101 covers each different element of advertising.  This industry is very diverse and incorporates many elements.  There is really something for everyone, no matter where your interests lie.  Each of you will receive a folder filled with extremely useful information about the advertising industry.  You will also find in your folder an entire section on cover letters, resumes, and email etiquette.  All tips you will need to know when applying for internships or jobs.

ALSO, feel free to bring your resume if you want them to be critiqued.  Professor Davis, the Exec Board, and anyone who has experience will be sharing what they know at this meeting.  It is really an awesome opportunity for anyone considering advertising.  You get a run down of the industry, hear from others who have first hand experience, and really get all of your questions answered.  Plus it's another Wednesday night with Ad Club who wouldn't be excited??

So come ready to learn A LOT about the advertising industry and ask any questions you may have! Hope to see you all there!

'Til tomorrow Ad Clubbers,
Emily

Emily Lasko
Member Relations Chair