[Advert-L] Ad Club this week!

Lasko, Emily el261708 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 12 17:08:11 EDT 2010

 What's up Ad Club,

How's it going everyone?? Okay get ready for Ad Club this week because we will be welcoming two advertising professionals from Starcom Mediavest in Chicago!  Graham Nolan and Deb Medsker will be at our meeting tomorrow, Wednesday at 6 p.m. to talk about Starcom.  This meeting is going to be awesome because we will be learning all about one of the leading media agencies in the world.

This is going to be really important for all ages! Graham is a fellow Ohio Alum and we're really excited to show him the new crop of advertising professionals we have here at OU so come ready with questions for both him and Deb.  This is a great networking opportunity for everyone.  Upperclassmen are clearly looking for jobs and internships and underclassmen, this is your chance to get your name out there as well and make those career changing connections!

ALSO! We will be treating Deb and Graham to dinner uptown afterward.  We REALLY REALLY ask ANY of you who can come grab a bite after to please come.  This is an even better way to get to know our guests and ask them any questions you may have.  PLUS you get a really good dinner with Ad Club what could be better? :) So please get excited for our meeting and come ready to Ad Club this week.  That's Wednesday as always, 6 p.m. in Scripps 111.

A few side notes:  Please remember to bring dues! ($60) We will accept them tomorrow and next Wednesday but the earlier the better! You know you want to be an official member :) ALSO, Thumbprint Advertising (our own Ad Club run agency) will be holding it's first meeting tomorrow at 5 p.m. right before our normal meeting.  They need you! If you have any questions you can email Caroline at cj278006 at ohio.edu.

Sorry to bombard you with all of this.  See you tomorrow kids (and after at dinner!)

Emily

P.S.  Those of you who are going to New York, to get the group discount to the conference we need 10 of you to bring your checks in TOMORROW! Please make them out to Candace Stine and they are $ 76.50.  I know it's last minute but this is to so we don't have to pay the full price. WOO NYC!

Emily Lasko
Advertising Management
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism

Member Relations Chair