[UC1000] Wrapping Up the Semester

Lester, Greg lesterj at ohio.edu
Fri Nov 21 10:33:31 EST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

As we wrap up the semester, I want to give you a heads up about several upcoming issues.

First, please remind your classes/advisees that Thanksgiving Break is really just a long weekend, NOT an entire week off.

Also, as we close out advising season, your back-up advisor will be contacting you to schedule a time to  discuss several advising responsibilities, including the need to…

 *   … review student schedules with your back-up advisor after the official registration period.
 *   …contact students as necessary to discuss schedule changes needed.
 *   …sharing your concerns about your advisees your back-up advisor.
 *   …check grades and contact students as necessary to discuss academic progress and schedule changes needed as a result of poor fall semester performance.

Finally, I need to let you know that I will soon be leaving Ohio University, which I have proudly called home since February 2003. Last spring, my wife accepted her dream job on the faculty of her alma mater, the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Since that time, I have been in search of meaningful work in the North Carolina. Fortunately, I have found it.

At the start of the new year, I will return to my alma mater, Appalachian State University, as Executive Director of Academic Advising and Student Success. I will miss much about life in Athens—our time here has been rich with friends, students, colleagues, and experiences—but I am excited for this opportunity and am eager to return to North Carolina, where we have great friends and family.

University College will be searching for my replacement.  In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact your back-up advisor or the University College office if you need any assistance or support. Of course, I’ll be around until mid-December, so if you have questions before then, please let me know. It has been a pleasure working with you and I will gladly do so until my time at OHIO  concludes.

Kind Regards,

Greg

Greg Lester, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Advising and Student Services
Director, Ohio Fellows Program
University College
140 Chubb Hall
Ohio University