[UC1000] Advising Webinar

Toretch, Melissa toretch at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 28 13:40:20 EDT 2013

Good Afternoon,

On Friday, Nov 1st from 1-2:30p University College will be hosting the following webinar:

Appreciative Advising & Technology: Innovative Ways To Enhance Outreach & Communication (http://ietrainings.org/2042)
            Overview
Does your office effectively leverage the power of technology? What types of technology do you utilize as part of your Appreciative Advising Communication Plan? Are you looking to move beyond a website, a Facebook page, email, and phone to reach out to students?

It's time for a refresh.

This webinar will provide new ways to enhance your office's outreach and communication efforts to students through the effective use of technology. We will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of technology as well as identify 11 different types of technology. For each of the 11 technology categories we will provide examples as well as discuss advantages and disadvantages before sharing specific ideas for a seamless melding of technology within the six phases of Appreciative Advising. Technology is an important part of your office's strategic communication plan. Participants will leave with a sample Appreciative Advising Communication Plan.

If you are interested in attending please let me know by 5pm on Thursday, October 31st!!

Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa A Toretch, M.Sc.
Coordinator of Special Populations/Academic Advisor
Ohio University
University College - Dean's Office
140 Chubb Hall
Athens, OH 45701