[UC1000] Advisor Training: Cone One, Come All

Lester, Greg lesterj at ohio.edu
Tue Jul 16 11:55:00 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I hope your summer is a good one so far and that you are surviving the current heat wave.

I am writing to remind you that advisor training for the 2013-14 academic year will follow the makeup UC 1000 instructor training on Tuesday, August 20. Instructor training will last until noon and, following a break for lunch, advisor training will begin promptly at 1:00PM and last until approximately 4:30PM. Both trainings will be held in 240 Baker Center.

Whether you will be participating in the morning instructor training or not, please make plans to join us for the afternoon advisor training. There are significant changes this year—including a totally revamped OU Experiences booklet and the elimination of printed DARS—that I need to review with you. I also want to discuss various theories of academic advising and how/when each might be used.

I'll send out an agenda in early August. For now, please plan to come one and all. Come novice advisors and seasoned advisors. We'll kick off the academic year with a discussion of academic advising and an examination of how we can each bolster our skills and assist our student most effectively.

Sincerely,

Greg

Greg Lester, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Advising and Student Services
Director, Ohio Fellows Program
University College
140 Chubb Hall
Ohio University