[Tribeta-L] FW: Speaker Announcement

Tanda, Soichi tanda at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 22 16:54:19 EDT 2014

Dear all,

There will be a seminar next Monday (10/27) at 10 am in 199 Irvine Hall, one of two med school lecture halls next to the Irvine Bricks.  Attendance to this seminar will be counted toward one of the Tri-Beta membership requirements.  See attached announcement.

Although you have to pay, you can talk to him over dinner at Sol restaurant from 5:30 pm on Monday (10/27).

If any of you  want to meet with the speaker on Tuesday they can e-mail Catherine Early (ce643812 at ohio.edu<mailto:ce643812 at ohio.edu>) to schedule a meeting time.

Dr. T

Hi Dr. Tanda,

I was hoping you could let members of Tri-Beta know about an upcoming speaker, Shawn McCracken, being brought in by the Biological Sciences Graduate Society.  His talk is titled, "Wetlands in the sky: a tale of diversity under adversity and the impending crisis in the canopy" and it will be held Monday, October 27, 2014 at 10:00 am in Irvine 199.  There will also be an opportunity for students and faculty to meet with him on Monday afternoon and Tuesday during the day and a few other opportunities for students to interact with him .  I have attached a flyer, but let me know if you want any more information. Thanks!
[https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

--
Vincent R. Farallo
Ph.D. Candidate