[Tribeta-L] NO MEETING TOMORROW

Kleinas, Nicole nk316210 at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 28 22:13:08 EDT 2013

Hi, guys-

We will not be having our normal meeting tomorrow night. INSTEAD WE WILL BE GOING ON A NIGHT HIKE FRIDAY! Meet in the Peden parking lot at 6:30 and we will drive up to the Ridges for a fun night hike.

Also, t-shirts. It was brought to my attention that some people may have been offended by the "darwinning" t-shirt option. I did not think about it being offensive to anyone's personal beliefs and I apologize if anyone was upset by it.

As for our selected t-shirt option, we decided to add a list of "you know you're a biology major if:" reasons on the back. Here is the list from a few years ago.

10. You secretly model your lab coat around in your dorm.
9.  You name your new cat Drosophila.
8. You've sat in Emeriti Park for half an hour to watch a squirrel.
7. You get excited when you get to use the expensive pipettes in lab.
6. You see the world in 100x, 400x, and 1000x.
5. You're registered for 16 hours, but in class for 24.
4. Your GPA is higher than your BAC.
3. Your book bag weighs more than you do.
2. You should pay rent to the library, because you're there more than your apartment.
1. Going out on Thursdays.... What's that like?

If you think of anymore, email them to me and I will create a survey so people can vote for their favorites!

See you all Friday!

Nicole Kleinas
Ohio University Honors Tutorial College
Biological Sciences Major