[Tribeta-L] Summer internship opportunities at Ohio EPA

Tanda, Soichi tanda at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 25 14:34:41 EST 2013

Hi all,

Some of you may be interested in summer internship opportunities at Ohio EPA.  See below.

Dr. T

Dear Student Organization,
Each year Ohio EPA hires about 70 college interns for summer work, with over 55 receiving positions within the Division of Surface Water (DSW).  Students receiving internships are able to apply classroom knowledge in a real world setting and develop skills suitable for careers in natural resources, environmental stewardship, academia, biology, chemistry, ecology, water resources, fisheries, wildlife, botany, zoology, and engineering.  Internships may involve chemical water quality sampling, electrofishing, fish tissue sampling, aquatic macroinvertebrate sample, aquatic dye trace studies, facility inspections, and laboratory duties.  We would appreciate the opportunity to provide a presentation to your student organization about Ohio EPA’s internship program.
The internships will be posted on our website from January 14th – February 15th, http://epa.ohio.gov/oes/home.aspx , and we would like to present to your organization in January or early February.  Please contact me to set up a time for your organization to learn about opportunities with Ohio EPA.
Sincerely,

Holly Tucker
Environmental Supervisor

Ohio EPA