[Tribeta-L] Ohio Up Close next Monday

Tanda, Soichi tanda at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 11 10:58:49 EST 2013

Dear all,

I need several volunteers for Ohio Up Close next Monday, 18th.  OU invites admitted students to Ohio Up Close to allow them to look at OU more closely.  The Biological Sciences department will provide a chance for them to talk to faculty members and current students over Avalanche pizzas and pops.

The departmental academic session is scheduled to start at 10:45 am. After I introduce our curriculum, we show them labs and start talking to students and faculty members. I expect them to start eating around 11:50 am.  So, I need you around that time.   Your job is to talk to them about your experience at OU, study, dorms, dining hall, meal plans, other things.

The academic and pizza session will be in 159 Irvine Hall.

If you participate in two of scheduled ones --- 2/18 (Mon), 3/15 (Fri), 4/5 (Fri), 4/12 (Fri) and 4/20 (Sat), it would fulfill one of your service requirements.  I think you have to do two service projects per year.  Another service project will be Athens Beautification day (4/14).

Please email me (tanda at ohio.edu) if you can come to the first Ohio Up Close next Monday.

Thank you,

Dr. T