[Tribeta-L] Important message

Tanda, Soichi tanda at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 4 14:50:43 EST 2013

Dear all,

Our officers have decided to attend this year's Tri-Beta district convention on 3/23 (Sat) at University of Dayton.  I hope many of our members will present research.

At the convention, several awards will be given, such as the first place in this category and that.  To be eligible to be considered for awards, you must be a lifetime or associate member. I know several of you are working toward the Tri-beta memberships.  But you are not eligible for award, although you can present your research at the convention.

Our officers discussed the issue last week.  We decided to allow you to apply for the memberships, lifetime or associate, this month based on  your participation up to this point and your pledge to continue to participate in our activities.  Our two meetings this month  including tomorrow's ice skating social (see attached) will be critical for your eligibility of membership.  This way, you would be eligible for award at the convention.  I can explain more at tomorrow's meeting.

At tomorrow's meeting, I want to hear your pledge.

If you cannot come earlier to LSB, please join us at Bird Arena tomorrow.  We will probably head out to the arena around 7:30pm from LSB.  We will be skating till ~9 pm.

Please bring your OU ID to skate free.  Tri-Beta will pay for skate rental.  Wear gloves.

See you all tomorrow.

Dr. T