[Tribeta-L] Meeting tomorrow

Tanda, Soichi tanda at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 5 12:49:30 EST 2012

Dear Tri-Beta,

This is a reminder to let you know that our last meeting of the quarter is tomorrow (Tuesday March 6th) at 8:00pm in room E206 Grover Center. At this meeting we will be going over a few things including our plans for next quarter, requirements, and t-shirts. Also, Dr. Leslie Consitt will be speaking to us about her research and the possibility of getting involved in her lab. Below is a brief overview of the type of work she performs:

Lelie Consitt, PhD

Research Interest

The overall aim of my research is to investigate the development and treatment of metabolic diseases associated with excess nutritional lipid intake and/or physical inactivity. I am particularly focused on elucidating the cellular mechanisms controlling skeletal muscle glucose and lipid metabolism and how impairments in these mechanisms contribute to insulin resistance in conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and aging. I use a combination of human, animal, and cell culture models to identify cellular mechanisms that contribute to skeletal muscle insulin resistance and use interventions such as exercise and diet modification to help correct cellular impairments.

It is vital that everyone attends this meeting. We have a lot to discuss and missing Dr. Conisitt's presentation would be most unfortunate. I hope to see all of you there!

Cheers,

John

John Maykut

Wildlife & Conservation Biology