[Tribeta-L] Teach for America

Soichi Tanda tanda at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 6 10:10:52 EST 2010

Dear all,

Do you want to help students in US urban cities after graduation from OU?
If so, think about Teach For America.  The deadline this time around is this
Friday.  Please see below.

Best wishes,

Soichi

******
Soichi Tanda, Ph.D
215 Life Science Building
Department of Biological Sciences and
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program
Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
USA

Office: 740-593-2270
Lab: 740-597-1699
Fax: 740-593-0300

Email: tanda at ohio.edu
Homepage: http://www.biosci.ohiou.edu/faculty/tanda/

Use your break wisely. Apply for Teach For America. Next application
deadline: January 8th, 2010.

Teach For America seeks to ensure that all students are given the
opportunity to receive the education they deserve, regardless of race,
income, or zip code.  Our national corps of outstanding recent college
graduates and young professionals commits to teach for two years in urban
and rural public schools.  Our participants go on to become leaders in the
effort to expand educational opportunity.

Seeking all majors. No previous education experience or coursework
necessary. Full salary and benefits, transitional grants, plus a $10,700
AmeriCorps education award (if eligible). Student loan forbearance and no
interest payments for two years. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or
permanent residents. (Details on our International Student Pilot Program
<blocked::http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/how_to_apply/internation
al_students.htm>  are online.)

Apply online at http://www.teachforamerica.org
<blocked::http://www.teachforamerica.org/>  ­ next deadline January 8th,
2010.

Please contact christine.ridolfi at teachforamerica.org with questions.

-----------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to apply to Teach For America?

http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/faqs/faq_eligibility.htm
<blocked::http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/faqs/faq_eligibility.htm

How much does Teach For America pay?  What about my student loans?

http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/faqs/faq_finances.htm
<blocked::http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/faqs/faq_finances.htm>

What does Teach For America look for in candidates?
http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/faqs/faq_eligibility.htm
<blocked::http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/faqs/faq_eligibility.htm

What is the impact of Teach For America?

http://www.teachforamerica.org/mission/our_impact/our_impact.htm
<blocked::http://www.teachforamerica.org/mission/our_impact/our_impact.htm>

This communication and any file transmitted with it may contain information
that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this communication is
please notify the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.

------ End of Forwarded Message