[Tribeta-L] Teach For America

Soichi Tanda tanda at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 22 09:41:05 EDT 2009

Dear all (particularly seniors),

Are you interested in teaching inner city kids in the USA?  Please see below
about Teach For America.

Thank you.

Soichi

Teach For America Application Deadline:  Wednesday, October 28th, 2009

 One day you¹ll look back on your life and wonder, ³Did I make a
difference?²  TEACHFOR the certainty that you did.

As you may know, inequality in our country's education system limits the
life choices of the 13 million children growing up in poverty today.
Students have less than a 50% chance of getting a math or science teacher
with even a minor in the subject they teach.  Teach For America seeks to
ensure that all students are given the opportunity to receive the education
they deserve, regardless of race, income, or zip code.  We do so by placing
recent college graduates from all academic majors and with varying career
aspirations in low-income communities to offer students access to an
excellent education.

Teach For America seeks all majors for this full time job opportunity that
provides a full salary and benefits.   In addition to a full salary, corps
members are afforded a $10,700 AmeriCorps education award (if eligible),
student loan forbearance and no interest payments for two years. Candidates
must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. (Details on our International
Student Pilot Program
<http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/how_to_apply/international_studen
ts.htm>  are online.)

Apply online at http://www.teachforamerica.org
<http://www.teachforamerica.org/> . Please contact
christine.ridolfi at teachforamerica.org with questions

If you¹re interested in learning more about how you can become a part of
this movement, please complete this short survey (it will take less than one
minute):

http://www.keysurvey.com/survey/267894/15c2/

******
Soichi Tanda, Ph.D