[Tribeta-L] Two seminars this week

Soichi Tanda tanda at ohiou.edu
Mon Mar 2 16:46:31 EST 2009

Hi all,

There will be two seminars this week.  The attendance to one of these
seminars will be used toward the attending one academic seminar requirement
for you membership.

I am planning to attend both.  See me before or after the seminar.

Soichi

> The Bioinformatics Distinguished Lecture Series presents:
>
> Jeffrey Parvin
> Director, Biomedical Informatics
> Shared Resource of The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
>
> ³Identification of a Breast Cancer Associated Regulatory Network²
> Tuesday, March 3 @ 2:10-3 p.m.
> Stocker Center 103
>
> The cure for cancer has been elusive for doctors and researchers alike. When
> breast
> cancer runs in families, often the women who contract breast cancer have
> inherited
> a mutant form of breast cancer 1 or 2 (BRCA). However, these genes do not
> explain
> all cases of familial breast cancer. Dr. Parvin and his team use publicly
> available data
> to find candidate breast cancer gene information that may be of value to
> breast
> cancer patients. A combination of data analysis tools and laboratory biology
> are
> used to help evaluate these genes, which will be tested with breast tumor
> samples
> obtained from surgical removal of these tumors.

College of Arts and Sciences New Professor Lecture Series
  € "Why Are Females Choosy? Studies of Female Mating Preferences and
Their Implications for Maintaining Biological Diversity" by Dr. Molly
Morris, Biological Sciences at OU

Wednesday, Mar. 4 at 4:10 p.m.
Baker Center 242

******