[TheMathLeague] Navajo Math Circles movie

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 7 06:32:31 EST 2016

Math League participants—

I picked up Charmayne and her sister, Krispy, at the airport last night and they are excited to spend today and tomorrow learning about Ohio University and to handle Q&A with me tomorrow night at the Athena for the FREE screening of the Navajo Math Circles documentary.

I hope you can attend! Please encourage your students to attend! The first 50 people get free popcorn. We will have mathematical activities in the lobby and before the movie and will be selling copies of the DVD. It should be great fun!

I have attached the flier for your reference. It’s a great opportunity to learn about student math circles and about the intersection of math circles and culture in the beautiful Navajo Nation setting. The screening will be at the Athena Cinema uptown from 7PM-8PM with a Q&A session to follow, co-led by Charmayne Seaton, 16 years old, a participant in the program.

A flier is attached. I hope you can make it!

Bob.