[TheMathLeague] Saturday April 9 10-11:30

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Fri Apr 8 13:19:10 EDT 2016

All-
This Saturday, the Math League will be unlocking the mathematics behind the game of Mancala. Two weeks ago, the African Students Union taught us one set of rules for playing the game. This Saturday, we will use that game to ask and hopefully make progress toward answering questions about that.
If you have a mancala board and stones to bring, please bring them!
If not, we will have some egg cartons and beans that make truly AWESOME make-shift mancala boards to use. The point of tomorrow is about the good mathematics behind the game.

We will be at the Athens Community Center from 10-11:30 in the conference room. We look forward to your participation!
Best regards,

Bob Klein, PhD
http://about.me/kleinbob
Associate Professor & Undergraduate Chair, Department of Mathematics, Ohio University
kleinr at ohio.edu

Office Address: 315-D Morton Hall
Mailing Address:
Ohio University, 321 Morton Hall