[TheMathLeague] Fwd: Athens Makers: Audacity

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Tue Jul 14 09:40:01 EDT 2015

This will be a great way for students to see sound editing technologies and lay a foundation for connections to waves, physics, etc.
BK

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lucas, Mark" <lucasm at ohio.edu<mailto:lucasm at ohio.edu>>
Date: July 14, 2015 at 9:32:27 AM EDT
To: "Lucas, Mark" <lucasm at ohio.edu<mailto:lucasm at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Athens Makers: Audacity

Thursday July 16 - Audacity Sound Editing - GORDY 015 - 6-PM
*** NOTE THE DIFFERENT LOCATION!  This is the building up the hill from Clippinger on University Terrace.
(in the fact the room is on the lowest level just inside the door from the small parking lot. See attached picture.)

July 16:  Audacity - Sound Editing (Nathaniel Berger, Greg Kessler)
July 18:  Public observation of model rocket launches for International Space University (afternoon)
   http://ssp15.isunet.edu/events/24-rocket-launch   (It looks like these are a little bigger than your
         standard model rockets!)
July 23: Electricity and Magnetism: Motors, Electromagnets and Zippy Batteries (Mark Lucas)
July 25: Arduino Expo: Clippinger Hall - 10AM-2PM
July 30: Open Work Night (this may be the last Maker Night for the summer)

*** Audacity:
Audacity is an open-source, freely available sound editing program. We will learns some of the
ins and outs of editing sound and see what comes out with Nathaniel Berger from the CREATE_Space and
Dr. Greg Kessler from Linguistics! Gordy Hall 015

*** Arduino Expo:  see the link at http://www.phy.ohiou.edu/ArduinoExpo for details. This is an ‘open-house’
style event. If you are just popping through, you do not need to stay the whole time. I am looking for Makers
who would be willing to help monitor some stations (for examples, doors from the manufacturing camp,
a Makey Makey station, some of the ArduinoBots). As well we’re looking for small projects if people want
to put something together! Please contact me if you’re interested in helping!

Mark
--
Mark Lucas email: lucasm at ohiou.edu<mailto:lucasm at ohiou.edu>
252D Clippinger Lab phone: (740)597-2984