[Theaterfacultystaff] My departure

Cornish, Rachel cornishr at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 11 16:09:01 EDT 2019

Dear Theater Friends,
I know that Matthew Shaftel emailed earlier this afternoon about my departure from the College.

My resignation is not something that I decided on lightly or quickly, especially considering my work with Tantrum. I need time and space to personally recharge and refocus my professional goals and have come to the conclusion that this is the best, actually, only, way for me to do that. I will do everything in my power to make sure you have the tools and people for Tantrum to succeed, not just in the next month, but for as long as you need and want me to do so. My work with Tantrum has given me some of the most fulfilling experiences of my professional career, in large part because of the obstacles and opportunities that we've been through as teammates. I know that it hasn't been a cake walk, and I hope you will forgive the mistakes I've made along the way and hold in your heart's memory my best intentions for you as artists. Witnessing your service, commitment, and fearless pursuit of truth has been a gift in my life. Thank you.

Since Athens is such a small community I imagine I'll see you all at Kroger, the Ciderhouse, and the farmers' market, and I'm really looking forward to that. And since my handsome husband is somehow still really interested in making sure everyone fully understands the importance of contemporary German theater and the Postdramatic, I'll see you at all the Theater events, holidays, picnics, etc., etc., and I'm looking forward to that, too. Most of you have them already, but my cell is 347-432-9858 and my personal email is rachellouisecornish at gmail.com<mailto:rachellouisecornish at gmail.com>.

I offer my heartfelt gratitude to each of you for making the College a wonderful place for me to spend my days for the past four and a half years. I hope that in the upcoming weeks we'll get a chance to see each other so that I can thank you better in person before my official departure at the end of August.

Yours,
Rachel Cornish
Director of External Relations, College of Fine Arts
Founding Producing Director, Tantrum Theater
My gender pronouns: she/her/hers (what's this?)<https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/>

[cid:538C56B8-4AAB-4D97-B9D1-631CE7AC4356 at net.oit.ohio.edu]
Jennings House, Second Floor
54 Union Street
1 Ohio University Drive
Athens OH 45701-2979
T: 740.593.2436
Cell: 347.432.9858 (emergencies only please)
F: 740.593.0570
cornishr at ohio.edu<mailto:cornishr at ohio.edu>
www.finearts.ohio.edu<http://www.finearts.ohio.edu/>
www.facebook.com/OhioUnivFineArts<http://www.facebook.com/OhioUnivFineArts>