[Theaterfacultystaff] Art + Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon

Wochna, Lorraine wochna at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 21 17:38:27 EST 2019

Hello Everyone,

Thought you might find this event a worthwhile endeavor.
March 22, 10-4 (come and go).
Registration is in email below.
Hope to see some of you there, and please spread the word.
Best,
lorraine

Did you know that less than 10% of the editors of Wikipedia are women?  If we don’t tell our stories, who will?
We propose to make an impact on the Wikipedia gender gap by creating, improving, editing, and adding content to articles about cis and transgender women, non-binary folks, and feminism and the arts.

Our event will take place on March 22, from 10 am – 4 pm in Alden 323.  We will provide training and tutors, snacks, space, laptops, and camaraderie.
Please consider joining Ohio University Libraries’ Art + Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon effort to make this happen. Art + Feminism is an international event in its 5th year, which has left its mark in 11,000 Wikipedia articles. See the Art + Feminism pages here: www.artandfeminsm.org<http://www.artandfeminsm.org/>.

We have identified three places where we will need some help, ranked here in order of time and involvement:

  1.  At least 6 people to work in two-hour shifts helping participants with the basics of Wikipedia. “Artfem Tutors” Not to worry, no experience is required.
     *   We’ll be holding training sessions, plus there will be copious instructions available to participants. Mostly your job will be to greet newcomers, answer basic questions, and refer them to other resources for more advanced information.
     *   Anyone who wants to do advanced work on Wikipedia probably won’t need your help anyway!
  2.  An unlimited (and we hope large) number of people to spread the word. “Artfem Partners.” Some examples of this might include:
     *   passing this email on to student employees and/or faculty in your liaison area,
     *   hanging promotional materials in your space (attached!), or
     *   helping to identify materials in the collection that might be of interest.

3.       Show up on March 22 to edit with us!  “Artfem Participants”

     *   Register for the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/329188344375907/.

Please let us know how you would like to be counted in,

Sincerely,
Michele Jennings (Art Librarian / Convener)
Sherri Saines (WGSS Librarian / Artfemipedian)
Courtney Kessel (SoA+D Gallery Coordinator / Artfemipedian)