[Theaterfacultystaff] Lunchbag notes 2-15-19

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 15 15:50:57 EST 2019

Thanks Alan for the Musical Theater news, and thanks to Michael and Maureen for staying on top of the facilities updates (see details below).

Super Hero Madness tonight at 11pm in the Hahne. Tickets handed out at 10pm. FREE.

SOUP is back to its regular meeting time: Thursdays at 6pm in Kantner 303.

Jeanette Buck is serving on the advisory committee for the hiring of a new Director of the LGBT Center. The committee wants to know what do students want in their new Director? Please email ideas to Jeanette at buckj at ohio.edu this weekend. She meets Monday morning and would like to pass on your suggestions.

Be sure to see the Winter Dance Concert on 2/22 and 2/23 at 7:30 in Memorial Auditorium.

Alan shared lots of exciting news about the Musical Theater program, including the addition of an Actor Musicianship certificate. This is open to all OU students, so please email him with questions: kenny at ohio.edu

FACILITIES

.All carpet in the basement office suite will be removed and replaced. All broken and loose tile in the basement will be removed. The shop floors and corridors will be treated and sealed, but the tile will not be replaced to prevent any chance of mold or mildew. Some work needs to be done on the wall board that got wet. Once that is done and they are assured that the walls are completely dry, the vinyl cove molding will be put back in place.

.The costume shop has moved to Putnam 235 and will be the costume shop until we can move back into Kantner. We’ll use the laundry and dye facility in Kantner and the hood when necessary. Costume rentals are suspended for the semester.

.Faculty offices will be moved from the basement to Lindley Hall and we'll send out information when we have room numbers for them.

.Classes in the basement will also be moved; check emails from Drew for updates on new spaces.

Happy Holly tech!

Merri

Merri Biechler

Assistant Director