[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Support for Theater Students, Faculty, and Staff

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 14 18:09:36 EST 2019

From: "Shaftel, Matthew" <shaftel at ohio.edu>
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 4:32 PM
To: "Lincoln, Michael" <lincolnm at ohio.edu>
Subject: Support for Theater Students, Faculty, and Staff

I am reaching out this evening in support of those of you in the University’s School of Theatre  who have been impacted by the recent issues with the city sewer pipe in Kantner Hall. I want to let you know that the University is taking this situation very seriously. Our Facilities Management and Safety team are proactively working to temporarily relocate our faculty and staff and to sanitize/remediate the impacted spaces, while eliminating the potential for mold and mildew to accumulate in the impacted areas.

This is an unfortunate situation, and I wanted to let you know how sorry I am for the inconvenience and stress that this may have caused. Your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority, and we are doing everything we can to rectify this situation with minimal impact.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns. Additionally, I urge you to contact FMS right away at 740-593-2911<tel:740-593-2911> if you notice any issues in Kantner Hall that need to be remedied.

With great appreciation for your dedication, creativity, and commitment,

Matthew Shaftel
Matthew Shaftel
Dean and Professor, College of Fine Arts
Ohio University

Sent from my iPhone