[Theaterfacultystaff] Renaming of Faculty Classifications

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Sun Feb 10 20:36:58 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The Senate PRC committee is tasked to look at the renaming of faculty classifications. The provost thinks (and many faculty across campus do as well)  that the use of Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 and Group 4 classifications are not informative and that they do not compare to classifications at other universities.  The provost believes that if we are a national university, we should use titles that are in line with other major universities.

Chair of the PRC Committee, Sarah Wyatt, did a first read of the proposed faculty classification at our last senate meeting. I am attaching the potential options for a re-classification of faculty titles.

Please let me know if you agree with the proposed resolution or if you have any additional titles that could be proposed.

Thank you!
Helene
Assoc. Prof. Helene Siebrits
Head of Costume Program