[Theaterfacultystaff] Kantner Basement Flooded

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 7 22:28:13 EST 2019

Dear Faculty,

Because of the intense rain this evening, the Kantner basement flooded worse than I’ve ever seen it. The drains at the restroom end of building backed up from the storm drains and water gushed out. Offices near that end of the hall have wet carpet and every room in the basement had some water. A large group of students and some faculty were helping mitigate. We opened every room and got everything off the floors as quickly as possible.  A whole bunch of facilities people are still working vacuuming water and cleaning up. I was told every wet carpet would be treated and dehumidifiers will be running as long as necessary, so the basement will not be a pleasant place tomorrow, not that it’s ever pleasant.

A huge thanks to everyone who helped. I’m so grateful to our faculty and students who pitched in. Theater people are an amazing bunch of people in the face of adversity, and man, do we have a lot of adversity in Kantner Hall.

Division Head, Theater
Artistic Director, Tantrum Theater
Professor of Lighting Design
Ohio University Theater Division