[Theaterfacultystaff] Discussing "White Fragility" at Lunchbag

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 6 06:37:20 EST 2019

Hello School of Theater undergraduates!

As you know, everyone in the school has been asked to read the book White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo. To date, the faculty and staff as well as the graduate student populations have had separate meetings to discuss the book. These meetings/dialogues have been very productive, and as you might imagine, both important and challenging.

As a School, we are committed to engaging in a dialogue that helps us build, grow and maintain the most inclusive environment that we possibly can. This will take work, and it will take all of us working together.

We encourage you to attend Lunchbag this Friday, 2/8, whether you’ve read the book or not. Attached is the original article DiAngelo wrote to get an idea of the concepts.

Be there so your voice can be heard, be there to support your friends and peers, be there to help the School of Theater become more welcoming for everyone who steps into Kantner Hall or sees one of our productions! Be there for your own growth. Be there with open eyes and hearts.

Merri

Merri Biechler

Assistant Director

School of Dance, Film, and Theater